“Great service great food”
Review of Pompano Joe's

Pompano Joe's
Ranked #21 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pompano Joe's opened its doors in 1995 and quickly became known for their unique Caribbean style of seafood. Since then, it has become a destination restaurant for tourists and a favorite among the locals. The Caribbean flair shines through from our famous Reggae Rolls and Garlic Crusted Grouper to the brightly colored window frames that line the walls of our open-air restaurant. In 2013, we opened the second Pompano Joe's location at Pier Park in Panama City Beach, FL. When visiting Destin, South Walton or Panama City Beach, we hope you stop in and enjoy the great food, refreshing drinks and the best view on the Gulf Coast.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We went today for lunch. They offered us a table right away or asked if we wanted to wait 5 to 15 minutes for a table by the window. We opted to wait and it was no more than 10 minutes. Our server was wonderful. Knowledgeable about the menu and very attentive. My husband and I shared a doz oysters on the half shell. They were delicious. I had the crab, shrimp and cucumber salad. It was fabulous. My husband had blackened fish tacos and really enjoyed them.

There are newer reviews for Pompano Joe's

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Great food,service,people, get after it, fish,shrimp,gumbo,beer,ocean,seating people here are one of the nicest we have ever been around, greeting us on the way and the bus staff thanking us for coming, I would go back,and back and back,

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I'm not sure why I came back here. You enter the place and your treated by a bunch of college age kids that could careless if your dead or alive. They don't care if your wait, how long you wait or if your happy or not. The service is just horrible, our oysters where given to another table, I waited 20 minutes for a beer our food was cold when delivered, what else could go wrong. This place sucks. It's poorly run, it's purely a management issue. I would fire, on the spot, all managers, then go a level deeper until this placed was cleaned out. I will wait 3 years before trying again.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We enjoyed dining at Pompano Joes. Very quick seating and friendly service. Our waitress was Jennifer and she was wonderful. The food was so good. I had the coconut amberjack and my husband had blackened Mahi. Both were very very good. The only drawback was the mixed drinks. They were terrible. We ended up dumping them out.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We went at noon and was seated right away. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I thought the Gumbo was too spicy and the fries were not special. but everything else was very good. My wife and I split the VooDoo Cheesebuger and we had plenty. The rest of our group of 8 had other things which they loved. We will go back again before we return to Ohio.