“Good Beach Tourist place”
Review of Pompano Joe's

Pompano Joe's
Ranked #22 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pompano Joe's opened its doors in 1995 and quickly became known for their unique Caribbean style of seafood. Since then, it has become a destination restaurant for tourists and a favorite among the locals. The Caribbean flair shines through from our famous Reggae Rolls and Garlic Crusted Grouper to the brightly colored window frames that line the walls of our open-air restaurant. In 2013, we opened the second Pompano Joe's location at Pier Park in Panama City Beach, FL. When visiting Destin, South Walton or Panama City Beach, we hope you stop in and enjoy the great food, refreshing drinks and the best view on the Gulf Coast.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Had the Tuna dip as an appetizer which was good but not great. The fish tacos were pretty damn good. The service was just ok. Had to be prompted for refills often and had to ask for the same condiment more than once. Overall an ok place to eat if you are in the area. I do not think it is a destination establishment by any means.

There are newer reviews for Pompano Joe's

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I had been here years before and remembered how good the peel and eat shrimp was. My hubby and I stopped in for a snack and really enjoyed it. They had Kendall Jackson Chardonnay and Columbia Crest Merlot instead of standard no name white and red wine. My hubby's fried shrimp salad made him smile and my grouper Rueben was delicious. I am glad we found it!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The best restaurant on the beach! The best grouper reuben sandwich around! Fish tacos are delicious too! The view is spectacular! Love the tropical beach atmosphere. We visit the area once a year for 10 days. We make PJ a must stop every time and sometimes we stop and eat there twice each visit it is so good.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We travel to San Destin every year and always stop by Pompano Joes's. Here is why: Great veiw and just a generally great beach vibe. Food is very good. We love the smoked tuna dip! Variety is great so everyone finds something they like. Servcie is always super. They really seem to care about their customers and to me this means they must treat their employees good as well. By the time you get the bill, is it a little pricey but so is pretty much everything down here! Our last bill for my family of four was just over $80.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Located Bay Front in Miramar Beach this restaurant delivers on great quality and quantity food and drink selections. Although the structure is largely "Beach Shack Shabby" this popular place delivers. The only negatives are the Resort pricing of the entree's, e.g. $20 upward. However, order a generously portioned seafood sandwich with two large sides, throw away the bun, and add a cup of seafood gumbo, and walk away for $15 very full and satisfied witha high quality dinner.
Although I did not notice a children's menu, plate sharing is no problem in this informal place.
We were also here " off season", and the service was excellent.