“The Best Dining Experience”
Review of Pompano Joe's

Pompano Joe's
Ranked #40 of 312 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pompano Joe's opened its doors in 1995 and quickly became known for their unique Caribbean style of seafood. Since then, it has become a destination restaurant for tourists and a favorite among the locals. The Caribbean flair shines through from our famous Reggae Rolls and Garlic Crusted Grouper to the brightly colored window frames that line the walls of our open-air restaurant. In 2013, we opened the second Pompano Joe's location at Pier Park in Panama City Beach, FL. When visiting Destin, South Walton or Panama City Beach, we hope you stop in and enjoy the great food, refreshing drinks and the best view on the Gulf Coast.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The place was packed and I was in Destin on business. I went there on a Saturday night and there were people everywhere. I thought it would be a long time to get a table. I was seated right away at a table on the balcony on the beach. It was beautiful. The sunset was beautiful. It was one of the most breathtaking experiences I have ever had while dining. The only thing about it that sucked was that I had to experience it by myself due to being there on business. However I enjoyed it anyway.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,093)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

While the food was outstanding there is hinden charges specialy for gulton free. They charge $2.50 for each item ordered to make it gulton free. Steamed veg's and baked potatos why would they have gulton? They tell you they can be made right by the regular food so beware. PLUS EVERYONE DOESN'T CHARGE EXTRA FOR GULTON FREE AND MOST OF THE ONES WHO DO TELL YOU UP FRONT!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Pompano Joe's has great local seafood right on the beach. You can eat inside or out and still see the ocean. During the busy Summer season, you can get food and drinks right at beach level, or eat outside at umbrella tables. We love Pompano's!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We loved the fresh seafood - crusted grouper - topped with crabmeat for me and grilled shrimp for my husband. After a couple of days of rain, the sunset outside was stunning and we saw it right from our table. It was a wonderful setting and we'll gladly return!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Food was average at best. It does a lot of business so the fact that it is right on the beach is a big seller. Service was also average. Looks like volume is the goal.