“Yummy food and great location!”
Review of Pompano Joe's

Pompano Joe's
Ranked #22 of 311 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pompano Joe's opened its doors in 1995 and quickly became known for their unique Caribbean style of seafood. Since then, it has become a destination restaurant for tourists and a favorite among the locals. The Caribbean flair shines through from our famous Reggae Rolls and Garlic Crusted Grouper to the brightly colored window frames that line the walls of our open-air restaurant. In 2013, we opened the second Pompano Joe's location at Pier Park in Panama City Beach, FL. When visiting Destin, South Walton or Panama City Beach, we hope you stop in and enjoy the great food, refreshing drinks and the best view on the Gulf Coast.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We ordered the Coconut shrimp and the fish tacos which were wonderful. But, what steals the deal is the location, right on the beach. Choose to sit in the balcony which has nice umbrellas so you wont be baked in the sun but can still enjoy the breeze and waves!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

It was not as good as when I went the previous year. Get there a little early because the line builds up quite quickly and before you know it there is an hour and a half wait. I had the tuna salad which was very good.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Oysters were the worst I've ever had and my food was cold when it arrived other than that it was ok. I also payed $25 for the grouper oh yea and the chairs were sticky on the back weird place. Where is chef Ramsey when you need him seriously.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

On our way out from Miramar beach, we saw this place and we knew we wanted to have dinner here, and are very glad we did! You know that a restaurant is very good, when its a Sunday, no tourist, after 8 pm and there is still a 20 minute wait. I thought we were going to get stuck inside, NO, we had an amazing table outside with an excellent waitress!! We had the calamari for an appetizer which was very good!!! My boyfriend had his typical go-to plate, PJ's Platter (fried shrimp, oysters, mahi, scallops) and I wanted to be daring (which I always do) and tried the parmesan encrusted flounder, which the fish was cooked very well. But unfortunately for me it was a little overwhelming. It came with artichoke hearts, feta, olives, all on top, which I love feta, and like artichokes, but olives not as much. It also just seemed a little sloppy. I just figured it would've been a few, but it seemed there were more black olives than anything else. It did come with squash and zucchini and a twice-baked potato as sides. So it was very filling, and after I took out pretty much all the black olives it was a good dish. I will be posting a photo so everyone can understand what I am describing. Aside from that, we really enjoyed Pompano Joe's and would love to come back! They have a really cool patio with lots of tables, and even an outside bar, for those to enjoy a drink while they wait. And live music!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here this evening. We chose outdoor seating, and had a perfect view of the moonlit ocean. The ambiance wasn't the only great thing about this place, though. The food was absolutely delicious! I had the chargrilled yellowfin tuna, and my husband had a steak and shrimp skewers. I also had a piece of the key lime pie.. yum! It is a little pricey, but you're going to encounter that anywhere down here. We definitely don't mind paying if it's worth it, and this definitely is!