“Consistent”

Ranked #20 of 314 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pompano Joe's opened its doors in 1995 and quickly became known for their unique Caribbean style of seafood. Since then, it has become a destination restaurant for tourists and a favorite among the locals. The Caribbean flair shines through from our famous Reggae Rolls and Garlic Crusted Grouper to the brightly colored window frames that line the walls of our open-air restaurant. In 2013, we opened the second Pompano Joe's location at Pier Park in Panama City Beach, FL. When visiting Destin, South Walton or Panama City Beach, we hope you stop in and enjoy the great food, refreshing drinks and the best view on the Gulf Coast.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

PJ's is close to our place and we wind up there pretty often. We've had several appetizers and meals that have all been good. Mixed drinks are good. They'll make them alcohol free for the kiddos - a nice treat. The only complaint I have would be the beer wasn't cold enough. I would stick to frozen concoctions.
The scenery is exceptional, of course.

1  Thank JC B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,953)

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming to Miramar Beach since 2009 and we occasionally stop at Pompano Joes because it is one of the few restaurants right on the beach. In the past I have described their food as "Red Lobster" quality, so I wasn't exactly looking forward to our recent visit but I was pleasantly surprised. Wife had the Grouper and I had the Amberjack Antigua. Both were excellent and service was also top notch despite being busy. There are still better restaurants in Destin but much improvement over past visits and few restaurants with this view that are better and in this price range.

1  Thank KellyM013
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Although I was a little leery from some of the reviews, I took my family here for the "must go" experience for first timers in Destin. It did not disappoint at all! We went for lunch and we were seated immediately. Crystal, our server, was very pleasant and personable. Even the food runners and others who assisted her were very helpful and pleasant. The drinks were great with generous pours. The Reggae Rolls were hearty for an appetizer. The ingredients were fresh (love cilantro) and they had just the right spice. The gumbo was quite delicious and packed with meat and fresh veggies, awesome roux. I had the Tuna and Strawberry Fields Salad...gigantic, Tuna was well prepared to medium, fresh strawberries AND blueberries, whole candied pecans (not chopped bits like most)...it was simply delicious and perfect for the hot day (see the picture). Although I did not sample their food, my daughters enjoyed the oyster po'boy and seafood platter and my husband enjoyed the blackened amberjack sandwich. All of their plates looked great with generous portions. We have other eateries on our list for this trip, but when we come back to Destin, Pompano Joe's definitely made our "return to" list!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Location , cant be beat on the Gulf, open windows, great views
now the bad
In summer or holidays prepare to wait and wait and wait
I had the coconut shrimp and was actually surprised ( good )
Wife had the Mahi and not very good , tell it was just thawed bad texture -
You will not get the best meak in Destin here but if you are here for the first time or know going in you are not going to get fresh seafood its a must due to the location and views alone

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Love the laid back atmosphere, service and food. One of our favorites places to eat every time we visit Destin.