“Great little eatery”

Ranked #22 of 305 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pompano Joe's opened its doors in 1995 and quickly became known for their unique Caribbean style of seafood. Since then, it has become a destination restaurant for tourists and a favorite among the locals. The Caribbean flair shines through from our famous Reggae Rolls and Garlic Crusted Grouper to the brightly colored window frames that line the walls of our open-air restaurant. In 2013, we opened the second Pompano Joe's location at Pier Park in Panama City Beach, FL. When visiting Destin, South Walton or Panama City Beach, we hope you stop in and enjoy the great food, refreshing drinks and the best view on the Gulf Coast.
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great little eatery”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I decided to stop there because of the location on the beach, the crowd that always seemed to be there, and the awesome smell of the food. It turned out to be really great. We were hoping the band would play later, but all and all, it was good.

Visited April 2013

“Great amberjack!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere and view right off beach. Amazing coconut encrusted amberjack dish! Def worth the money! No wait and great service.

Basel, Switzerland
“We hoped better”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We went there few days ago and we were a little surprised-disappointed: first the frozen margaritas came in a plastic glass... Never mind, they were good... Then we order orange juices for the kids and we clairly said " without ice", and off course they came with ice. My lobster was really good but as a side dish I had order a double backed patato ( following the advice of the waiter). Instead I got fries. We made aware the waiter of the error and he promised to bring one double backed patato... It never came... I will never know if it was good or not.
My husband had a steak and it was just ok, not great as you would expect.
An other thing which disturbed me, it was that the table and the chairs were greasy and sticky.

Visited April 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Great Gumbo!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I stopped into Pompano Joe's for lunch and I saw that their Seafood Gumbo was awarded the best in Destin for the last 2 years. The waitress told me it was actually the last 5 years. I tried it and it had plenty of spicy zing to it but not enough to spoil the taste. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys good Gumbo. My wife had the Coconut Shrimp platter. The shrimp was very good and there was a side dish called a Reggae roll. It looked like an egg roll but it was dough wrapped around jerked chicken pieces, onions and beans. They were delicious. We plan on going back for dinner before we leave Destin and highly recommend it.

Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We visited on a cool, rainy day. Great place to have a drink and enjoy the scenery. Food was great, our server was excellent and price was very reasonable given the incredible location!