“Local AND Tourist Favorite”
Review of Pompano Joe's

Pompano Joe's
Ranked #21 of 304 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pompano Joe's opened its doors in 1995 and quickly became known for their unique Caribbean style of seafood. Since then, it has become a destination restaurant for tourists and a favorite among the locals. The Caribbean flair shines through from our famous Reggae Rolls and Garlic Crusted Grouper to the brightly colored window frames that line the walls of our open-air restaurant. In 2013, we opened the second Pompano Joe's location at Pier Park in Panama City Beach, FL. When visiting Destin, South Walton or Panama City Beach, we hope you stop in and enjoy the great food, refreshing drinks and the best view on the Gulf Coast.
Clermont, Florida, USA
“Local AND Tourist Favorite”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We visited here with 2 other couples; were seated almost immediately near the singer on what I would call the back porch. Our waiter came quickly and took our drink orders. The menu is large and includes all fresh seafood cooked in a variety of ways. My husband and I ordered a grilled grouper dinner to share - the portions are large, so this was just perfect for us. The fish was moist, flavorful and tasted very fresh. I had ordered a lemon herb sauce on the side, but was disappointed in the milky, tasteless, unappealing looking liquid. Mixed fresh vegetables and hushpuppies and baked potato completed the meal. One in our group had the coconut shrimp which he let me taste, and this would be the item I will order when I return! Outstanding - large, succulent shrimp with just the right amount of coconut with a very tasty dipping sauce.
Parking runs along the beach and on busy times I imagine could be a problem, but there were ample spaces for us the evening we visited. This is a very casual place, sits right on the water. The musician was good and was a nice backdrop, not so overpowering you could not talk. Bar drink are served in disposable cups. If we are in the area again, will definitely eat here as the seafood is outstanding and the atmosphere is casual and laid back fun. Imagine during season this place could be really packed because of it's prime location. Our local friends drive quite a distance to satisfy their seafood "fix".

Orange Beach, Alabama
“Great Service, Good Food”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We went in with a party of 16. The service all the way around way great. I had the coconut shrimp and it was fantastic. Some people in our group ordered the fried shrimp and said it was really good as well. There is a lot of food on the plate, be prepared. One guy in our party is allergic to shellfish and they were very accomodating. He ordered the cheeseburger and said it was really good. The view is nice as well. Dont miss this place while in Destin.

Wisconsin
“Best View In Destin”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a restaurant that I've been visiting every year for the past 15 years. The view at sunset is amazing. There's nothing like sitting next to an open window, listening to the surf and feeling the gulf breeze. I love the atmosphere and the view. My husband had the Swordfish Galante and I had the Shrimp Salad this visit. Both were good....but nothing really exceptional. The big draw for us here is the atmosphere. We can walk up from our condo along the beach without having to drive. And we can wait for our table with a cocktail on the beach.

• Visited March 2013
Kentucky
“Good food and great views”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We did an early dinner to miss the crowds this restaurant usually has. The Coral reef Nachos are great! The order is huge and has fish, shrimp, scallops and lots of goodies on it. Everything. Else was wonderful from shrimp to fries to their beans and rice. Highly recommend stopping here while in Destin. Plus the view is awesome since its right on the beach.

Newnan, Georgia
“Killer fish tacos even when wet”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After spending a couple ours hanging out in our thrones(plastic beach chairs) on the beach and watching some teenagers receive tickets for obviously drinking on the beach, my friend and I took refuge in Pompano Joe's for some lunch. The staff was happy to seat us on the porch, since the weather was perfect. I ordered the fish tacos, which came out quickly and were delicious with a salsa that set the flavors over the top. Halfway through our meal it started to rain, but luckily there were umbrellas overhead that protect us for the most part. Our meal ended with the sun coming out and back on the beach we went. Great experience.