“Food was good, but.......”
Review of Pompano Joe's

Pompano Joe's
Ranked #40 of 312 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pompano Joe's opened its doors in 1995 and quickly became known for their unique Caribbean style of seafood. Since then, it has become a destination restaurant for tourists and a favorite among the locals. The Caribbean flair shines through from our famous Reggae Rolls and Garlic Crusted Grouper to the brightly colored window frames that line the walls of our open-air restaurant. In 2013, we opened the second Pompano Joe's location at Pier Park in Panama City Beach, FL. When visiting Destin, South Walton or Panama City Beach, we hope you stop in and enjoy the great food, refreshing drinks and the best view on the Gulf Coast.
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Pompano Joe's does a great job on food, especially on their gumbo. It is the best and the view and ambience is second to none. However, I would hope they would do a little better with their their Matre D choices. The two that were there yesterday were more interested in looking at their nails and chatting than helping a man in a wheel chair get out the single door. It required both doors open to allow him to exit but neither girl made an effort to assist in unlocking the second door. This is not exactly what a patron should be doing, but I was glad to help him. There is more to a "good" restaurant than just food and a view!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,089)

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Good food, great service. But mostly I would reccomnd for the excellent atmosphere. However the fried crab claws were expensive and not recommended.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband, another couple and I decided to try to catch an early dinner overlooking the Gulf so we could see the 4:45 sunset. We chose Pompano Joes since our friends had been here before. We were not disappointed! We basically had our choice of tables in the restaurant. Outside near the door was an outdoor "beach bar" with some live entertainment and several patrons who apparently had been waiting a while for the sunset whilst enjoying the happy hour. Not to worry though; as we entered the restaurant we were greeted with a friendly staff who seated us immediately. We ordered drinks and took photo after photo of the gorgeous setting sun. The food was great and we had a wonderful evening. As we left, by 6:30, the restaurant had filled nicely, which was a sure sign that this was a very good place to eat. I would highly recommend this to tourists and locals alike.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've been there many times, food and service always good and can play or watch people playing volleyball on the beach....Right on the beach!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great food for the value & the location is wonderful. I am definitely going to visit this restaurant again when I make my way back to Destin. I loved the grilled amberjack sandwich!