“Always great food & atmosphere ! ”

AJ's Seafood & Oyster Bar
Ranked #46 of 306 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Description: To read about AJ’s is one thing... to experience it is another. Come see why AJ's Seafood & Oyster Bar has been the place to be on the Emerald Coast for nearly 30 years! Join us today! Doors open at 11:00 am! See you soon!
Vidalia, Georgia
“Always great food & atmosphere ! ”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Always love ajs & the dining experience here, Overlooking all the boats coming in seeing their fish they caught. Great food & drinks as well. The nightlife at ajs is fun as well. They always have a love band & the bar area is open where you can see the water , there is always a good breeze blowing through. We just love it.

“Very Rude Staff”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

After paying $20 to park and be put on a waiting list for 90-120 minute wait at 6 45pm we decided to buy the small kids some food on the boardwalk. After 49 minutes the buzzer went off and we threw away the food we had just bought and rushed everyone back over to be seated only to be told that the battery must have went dead. No apology and the staff and management was very rude! Do not waste your time!

• Visited August 2014
“Great experience!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We had a great time at the restaurant after taking a Dolphin Cruise on the SeaQuest. The food was wonderful for all of us, the atmosphere was comfortable and my kids loved looking around at all the decorations. My husband and I enjoyed people watching through the huge windows and the service was wonderful thanks to Megan! We wil definitely visit AJ's again when we return to Florida.

Visited July 2014
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“economical lunch with a million dollar view”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I visited AJ's for lunch after an enjoyable stroll down the Harbor Walk enjoying the shops, restaurants, and the many fishing charters returning with their morning catches. How fresh can you get! We enjoyed a half pound of peel and eat shrimp which was superbly seasoned and featured large shrimp. For lunch we shared a combination of fried Mahi Mahi and fried clams served with cole slaw and hushpuppies. We enjoyed a quiet lunch watching the yachts and fishing boats coming and going on the harbor. This restaurant is a definite must for anyone visiting Destin for Sea Food. A definite A+.

Visited July 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“unexceptional”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Dropped in on a friend's recommendation. Very busy place and has been there for decades. We waited 25 minutes for a table, but waited upstairs in the outdoor bar, where I ordered raw oysters. They are local Gulf oysters, but I was not wowed by them. They were a bit bland in taste. My experience with Gulf oysters is they are hit and miss, either exceptional or just OK. We moved downstairs to our table and ordered a range of seafood. From crab claws to shrimp and fish, it was all just OK. Nothing made me sit up and take notice. Service was decent. The view is fun, right on the water. But when you are serving the poundage of food they do daily, I think it would be difficult to serve top notch plates. Worth one trip, but I won't go out of my way to returh

• Visited July 2014