“Oh my goodness!!!”

AJ's Seafood & Oyster Bar
Ranked #41 of 304 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Description: To read about AJ’s is one thing... to experience it is another. Come see why AJ's Seafood & Oyster Bar has been the place to be on the Emerald Coast for nearly 30 years! Join us today! Doors open at 11:00 am! See you soon!
McDonough, Georgia, United States
“Oh my goodness!!!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Go during happy hour for the best value. Regardless these guys know their oysters and the bar staff is amazing. Start a conversation and start laughing. The patrons are typically fun too. Lots of locals which is a good thing. $2.50 happy hour drafts are not the best price in the area but still decent. Not the cheapest oysters either but bigger and better than anywhere else around. We had so much fun here we didn't want to leave. I'd go back in a heartbeat because of the people and atmosphere. Just a fun place.

“Go somewhere else”
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Service slow food way over priced. Husband ordered run if the sea platter which looked huge but when got it bottom was all fries little seafood and cost 28 bucks. I ordered fish. Was not cooked thoroughly, again mostly fries and hush puppies so hard you couldn't eat.

Was very disappointed save your money go to McGuires

Ashland, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fair”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Service was extremely slow and food was mediocre. I'd skip this place. There are too many other excellent places to eat on the harbor.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Filthy Restrooms”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The restuarant looked cleaner than the restrooms. My husband & I went on vacation and decided to eat there as it was listed in a tourist guide as a very good place to dine. It's a tourist trap......I had a shrimp pasta dish in which the pasta tasted as if it was based in mayonaise & my husband had the seafood sampler. Both meals were over priced and when we used the restrooms we were shocked at how filthy they were (the worst we have every seen) and sorry that we ate there. This place could be a health hazard. Don't Go!

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank James T
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
“We truly enjoyed the food and atmosphere.”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stopped by after visiting the pier. Not inexpensive, but had a great time. Good service, even though it was crowded on a Sunday mid-day. Soft shell crab sandwich was delicious and their long beach tea did the trick. It's $12.95 but has four liquors in it plus cranberry juice. Mmmm. A fun place for locals and tourists alike. I didn't notice,it being especially loud and it's large enough to handle crowds. I intend to go back.

• Visited November 2012