“How donuts are supposed to taste”
Review of Donut Hole

Donut Hole
Ranked #1 of 20 Dessert in Destin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Tennessee
“How donuts are supposed to taste”
Reviewed August 1, 2009

We didn't order food here, but stopped in twice during our stay at night so that we'd have fresh donuts for the next morning. They were sooooooooo good--way better than Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme.

Southeast
“Delicious Donuts!”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

My family went to the Donut Hole for breakfast. There was a short line - we probably waited about 10 minutes to be seated. The menu was bit pricey, but our portions were huge and everything was delicious. My husband and I both ordered "specials" - mine biscuits with Florida tomato gravy was $5.50, his plate was nearly $10, but was more than he could eat. Regular donuts were $0.75 and specialties (like over-sized cinnamon rolls, apple fritters, etc) were between $1.95 and $2.25. The Long John was melt in your mouth delicious. Our server was attentive, refilling our drinks regularly and was very pleasant. I had read reviews of the Donut Hole having the absolute best key lime pie, but I felt it was good, but I don't know if it was the best I've ever had (I think the Lady and Sons in Savannah has that honor for me!) Bottom line, excellent food (huge portions too), good service....but can be pricey if you don't order a special or the huge doughnuts.

1 Thank beachgoer509
Huntsville, Al
“Cozy and good food”
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I found this place to be cozy and to have good food. I had an omelet and it was huge! It could easily have been split and shared with someone else. My sweetie had reg breakfast, thought it was good but a little pricey. It cost us around $32.00 for breakfast. I felt it was worth it---better than Waffle House or someplace like that. The waitress we had was great. She had a great personality and kept our coffee cups full. I would definitely go back. Enjoy!

Indianapolis, In
“Donuts are good - rest of the breakfast....just OK. Bad service.”
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I decided to try this because it seems to be a popular place in Destin - always a line.

Well, fortunately I didn't have to wait in line very long because it wouldn't have been worth it. The breakfast food was OK - maybe average, but not worth the exorbitant price. Many things on the menu are over $10 and my french toast was $7.50. The very small "large" orange juice was $2.50.

My girlfriend had biscuits and gravy and said she'd rather have them from McDonald's.

The service wasn't good at all. We saw our waitress once to get our orders, and once to give us our check at the end of the meal. It's a good thing we didn't need anything - she never even checked one.

We did get a to-go dozen donuts and they were pretty good. I thought $7.50 for the dozen was reasonable enough for a specialty donut.

Bottom line - get donuts and take em home. The breakfast food isn't worth the price or wait.

Athens, AL
“Good place for breakfast”
Reviewed July 23, 2009

We don't eat breakfast much while at the beach but were going eat breakfast just once to try either "Another Broken Egg" or the Donut Hole. We decided to try the Donut Hole downtown Destin and it was certainly a good decision. We were quickly greeted and didn't wait for a table although there was a pretty long line waiting as we were leaving. As mentioned below the place really is clean as a whistle...SPOTLESS and that is certainly appreciated by me. Our drink order was taken immediately and delivered just as fast. The menu really has a lot of choices and it would be hard for me to imagine someone not finding something they like here. We ordered a Belgian waffle, sweet potato pancakes, and two sides of bacon. Our server returned with our order quickly. I tried the sweet potato pancakes after reading a reviewers comments about them here. They were the BOMB! LOVED them! I'll never order anything else here! The Belgian waffle was also perfect as was our bacon. In fact our food couldn't have been any better. I think our check came to about $29.00 or so...I think that's reasonable. My next trip to Destin will include another visit to the Donut Hole.

1 Thank Chuck61