“the best donuts”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Conway, Arkansas
“the best donuts”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Probably the best place we ate at in Destin! We had lunch one day and breakfast on our way out of town with donuts to-go. Will be eating here again on our next trip!!!!

Visited May 2013

Nashville
“Overrated in our Opinion”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We tried just getting donuts to go around 8 am and the place was a madhouse. The full parking lot was bedlam to start, and with the line out the door and down the steps it was difficult to even get in the door and bypass those waiting for a table to eat. We ordered a sticky bun and an old fashioned donut to go, and coffee. We considered there was nothing so exceptional about either pastry that you would consider bother with the parking and line hassles. The local Publix has pastries comparable. The coffee was just coffee, like at a diner. We were disappointed. Maybe try the other less busy Donut Hole locations outside of downtown Destin?

But we knew the reputation of the Donut Hole pies so we came back the same day at 9 pm for after-dinner pie and coffee. What a disappointment. Our waitress asked what pie we wanted, we asked "What do you have?". She said "I don't know, why don't you go look in the display and see what we have while I help another table?" I thought knowing that for customers just might be part of her job. So we left our table, looked, and saw nothing but key lime and apple. For a 24 hour restaurant that seemed like a pitifully small selection of pies for the evening. We both had key lime and the pie was very good. Not the best I ever had, but good. Coffee again was very average.

For the hassle of the place and expensive prices, we won't be returning. When you enter be ready for a jet blast of air from the air curtain installed over the door. It is bizarre! No other restaurant or store we visited in Destin has one, so what's the problem they are trying to prevent? It became entertainment to watch each customer come in and get startled by the air blast and then try to comb their hair or put their hat back on!

Dallas, Texas
“Amazing Breakfast”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Every time my husband and I visit Destin, I make it a must that we come to Donut Hole every morning. The food is excellent! My favorite is the fresh breads. I had the breakfast sandwich both times on my last visit, one with sourdough, the other with raisin bread. Both were great! I had an omelet on one of my earlier trips, and it was also very good. Highly recommend - there's also another location in Santa Rosa Beach.

• Visited June 2012
“Yummmm”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

So the line was a bit long but the donuts were good. Key lime was too tart but the others were tasty got 4 donuts for 3.8o what a good deal

“Just average breakfast”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had the big egg sandwich and it was "good", but everyone else's food was was just average. We've ate here twice and we had the same verdict the second time (we give everyone a second chance) that it was just ok. We got donuts the first time and needless to say theres a Krispy Kreme close by. The seating is tight and confusing lines to get inside both times also. The service was actually really good, just didn't make up for average breakfast food.