“not as good as it used to be”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sakura Oriental Cuisine
Ranked #212 of 310 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We have been going there for years, and it used to be one of our favorite quick dine and take out restaurants, but no more. The last three or four times we have gone service has been awful, take out orders have been wrong and difficult to correct ( it's like pulling teeth to get sweet and sour sauce for take out), and this last time we have had stomach problems for two days. There will not be a next time! With all the new options, it's time to find a new reliable favorite.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Sakura has good food, fresh sushi (try the Volcano and Tam's spicy roll) and a relaxed atmosphere that welcomes kids and beach clothing. Has a great takeout business too. Located in the shopping center west of Main St along with Callahan's and Pepitos, 2 other good family restaurants that won't break the budget. Next to Old Time Pottery which has lots of inexpensive finds and is a good place to go when it rains after you drop the kids at the movies at Lively Cinema in the rear of the center. We have lived here for 25 years, love our locally-owned restaurants, and hate to hear about your bad meals at chain restaurants. Thanking for visiting our beautiful beaches!!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I decided to visit after reading all the great reviews on trip advisor. We were definitely disappointed. The Volocano Roll was literally covered in what seemed like cheesy rotel. We have visited places like Osaka in the past and thought this would be a good change but the sushi was basically like what we could get at Publix. Although the service was good the sushi was not that tastey! Sorry!

Reviewed July 12, 2011

My family and I came across Sakura one night when the seafood restuarants were too crowded! We've made it a family traditon to go each year and recommend it to all our friends who come to Deatin.

1  Thank JeniSmithTN
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I'm sitting here in Sakura as I write this review! This is my first time eating here. This place was recommended by friends and it was amazing. Very good sushi and very reasonably priced. I tried the beef and broccoli lunch for $5.95 and it came with soup, rice, and an egg roll. I suggest trying the Billi Willi sushi roll. Good service! It looks like a hole in the wall but don't judge it by its looks.