“Worse Service and Food Ever”
Review of Pepito's

Pepito's
Ranked #70 of 306 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Destin, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worse Service and Food Ever”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Visited on 11-24-13, food had NO flavor whatsoever, flat out GROSS, we were served our dishes without any flatware to use to eat with, the floor was filthy, it was 1:45pm....plenty of time after lunch hour to clean up. We had to get our own utensils from another unused table. Once food was served we never saw the waiter again, my daughter and I were out of anything to drink, waited for an hour, check never came, we had to go to the hostess station to ask if we could pay so we could leave. We were escorted back to our table and given a check, we waited 20 more minutes for someone to collect our credit card for payment....NO one ever came back to the table. Between the two of us we had enough cash to leave on the table so we could leave. I am appalled at how we were treated.....a great day with my daughter was so wasted on a MISERABLE late lunch, WE WILL NOT GO BACK....we suggest you choose somewhere else as well.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Zoejenelle00

Chicago, Illinois
“Friday's 2 for 1 Margarita's!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Good Mexican restaurant, chips served hot, salsa good. There are several in the area and we went to the one right off of 98 in Destin. The decor is bright but could use some freshening up. The carpet was soiled and worn but overall the restaurant and restrooms were clean. My husband ordered a large margarita and the glass was the size of a human head. It was then that we were told it was a 2-for-1 special. It made us laugh. For the second they let him get a small. The food was served hot and was ok. I had flautas. Very scant guacamole and sour cream. My husband has fajitas and was very satisfied. Service was good.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank beth828
USA
“Good food”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

There chips are warm when they are brought to the table. Our meal was very good nachos with retried beans lettuce,tomatoes,and all the other topping plus grilled steak.we eac.h got 1/2 order and it was plenty.

• Visited October 2013
Destin, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good service,Bad Food”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went in around 6:30 on a Tuesday evening. We were immediately seated and given chips and salsa. The restaurant atmosphere was clean, inviting and nicely decorated. So far so good...the waiter quickly took or drink order and our dinner selections. The salsa sucked . and the chips were stale. We were happy with the prices we saw and had high hopes for our food. But the food was too salty! so bad we could not eat our dinner.
We typically trust the majority comments on TripAdvisor. This time, you should listen to the few that have complained about the following:
1) The food was greasy.
2) Some of food was cold
3) The food had very little flavor and or no seasoning. I am familiar with authentic Mexican food, but this we not good food. Period.

• Visited October 2013
Parrish, Florida
“Best Mexican Since Leaving CA!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Thanks Pepito's for showing me there is authentic and exceptional tasting Mexican on the East Coast. I had a sampling of items including a chorizo taco, cheese and onion enchilada, Chile rellano, and a tamale. Each had authentic taste and was well prepared. I would have liked a little more sauce on the tamale as it was a bit dry for me. If you like true Mexican, give this one a try. I don't believe you will be disappointed.

1 Thank dwbfl0515