“Try this place only if you're tired of seafood”
Review of Pepito's

Pepito's
Ranked #74 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Why would we go for Mexican in a fishing town at the beach? Well, we were tired of seafood and wanted to try this new place in the former Copper Kettle Grill location. Pepito's is average Tex-Mex and a step above the national chains. The chips are just OK and they charge for more chips. We ordered jalapeno cheese dip and it had only a trace of peppers - maybe he thought we said gringo cheese dip. The dinner combinations are just like any other Tex-Mex but the portions are small for the price. We ordered soft tacos and they brought hard. They also charge extra for soft tacos, which is a new one for us. Having lived in south Texas we know good Tex-Mex, but Pepito's is not there yet. The margaritas were good and reasonably priced, plus they had a special price for ladies night. Right now, I will say that we will not return.

4  Thank GuyFromAtlanta_GA
There are newer reviews for Pepito's

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I am from Texas and I know good Mexican Food! You will really love this place. Go to the downtown location, the food seems a little better there. The margarita specials on Fridays are very good and priced right. I have yet to have a bad meal there. This is very much a locals place!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Service, Portions, Taste. They are always consistently Mexican. All the chips you can eat in a friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Be sure to get the white cheese dip and the steak nachos! DELICIOUS! We also really enjoyed the medium maragrita. My husband had chicken and did not love it but there was plenty from my plate to share

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We found this little gem on Trip Advisor (Naturally). I ordered Carne Asada, and my wife had a Taco Salad.The chips and salsa were outstanding. The chips were very fresh, and the salsa had just the right heat.

The carne was smothered in caramelized onions and was cooked to perfection. Generous portions....you won't leaved hungry. Wait staff were friendly and kept our drink glass filled. Nice place for dining as a family or a couple.