“Oysters and more oysters”
Review of Acme Oyster House

Acme Oyster House
Ranked #63 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
San Antonio, Texas
“Oysters and more oysters”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We visited Acme over a week ago. We arrived a little before 12 noon and good thing, as 10 minutes later it was crowded with a wait list growing. We had - a 1/2 dozen raw oysters, 1 dozen charbroiled oysters, the seafood etouffee, the fried fish platter, and a drum po-boy sandwich.
There were 5 in our party and everyone thought the food was delicious. The service was also great.
We will definitely go by there again when visiting Destin.

• Visited December 2013

Eads
“Maybe over priced a bit”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Good/ average service. On an very uncrowded rainy night Thanksgiving week. Granted I didn't choose the grilled oysters as so many recommend. But hey, did choose a 3 item medley of Nawlens food. Oh well, was bad, but probably won't go back on semi annual trips to Destin.

Visited November 2013
Destin, FL
“Best Chargrilled Oysters hands down”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My review is based solely on the oysters. While I have had other things on the menu, I haven't found anything really worth going back for besides the chargrilled oysters and the raw oysters are pretty decent too. Oh and how could I forget... The craw puppies are great too. If you go make sure you sit at the oyster bar, because you will receive absolutely AMAZING service from the friendly shuckers and bartenders.

• Visited August 2013
Destin, Florida
“Disgusting”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I went to Acme last Saturday night & boy was it a waste of time and money. I ordered a fried oyster po'boy and it was grease on a hoagie;no oysters. Needless to say there are a ton of other places I can go and spend less and get a better meal.
I went to Acme about 8 years ago and it sucked. I figured if it was still in business, surely there was an improvement. Not a chance.

• Visited November 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Worth the Effort It Takes to Get There”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Acme is in Baytowne Wharf which takes a little effort to reach if you're not famililar with the area. But once you get there you have a great place to walk and enjoy the scenery and being close to the water. We have been to Acme in New Orleans many times and enjoy oysters any way you have them, so we wanted to try the grilled oysters which were recommended to us. They were even better than we were told. The raw oysters on the half shell were fresh and cold and served with a cocktail sauce that did not need additional horseradish. Several in our party ordered the seafood platter. I was full after eating half grilled and half raw. Even though oysters are a little pricey, it was worth the visit. We would definitely go here again and we think the restaurant is awesome, whether you choose to eat inside or outside. Service was great. This is a casual restaurant. They are building a new Acme location in Gulf Shores, AL.

• Visited October 2013