“Food it good, but very crowded!”
Review of Acme Oyster House - MOVED

Acme Oyster House
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Went last last with my wife and two friends. We arrived around 6:00 and were seated within a few minutes. For dinner we ordered Poopa (Grill smoked sausage with red beans and rice). An order of Jambalaya and Two orders of the Drum Fish with sweet potatoes. Also since the waiter really was pushing the grilled oysters we also gave that a try.

Overall the food was very good and we enjoyed our dinner.

Cons: The tables are set very close together and if you are looking for a intimate dinner, this is not the place.

Cost of dinner for four was around $100.00.

Also as noted in a previous review, the oysters are very small.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We just ate here and were looking forward to the grilled oysters, even though they were $20 a dozen. I was amazed at how small they were when they brought them. I have never had oysters that small anywhere. The meal we ordered was pretty good as we're the boo fries, but I won't go back just because of the tiny oysters for $20.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The chargrilled oysters were excellent! Plump, juicy, accented with melted parm and buttery seasonings. I wished there had been more bread to sop up the juice though. I also wished I had order several dozen and skipped the rest of the food.

The other dishes we sampled were the etouffee, which needed more seafood and more rice, the craw puppies which were a little mushy, the oyster and shrimp po boy which would have benefitted from better or grilled bread, and the red beans and rice in bread bowl. The red beans and rice were not flavorful at all, and didn't have enough rice either.

Our waitress was attentive and prompt, making sure our drinks were filled at all times. We sat on the balcony outside and it added to the ambiance.

Overall, if I ever made it to Acme again, I would ONLY order the grilled oysters, then head elsewhere for dinner.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

The chargrilled oysters are amazing! But the price for the amount of food you receive is costly. A Bud light, bottle, was $4. Wow!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Although fried seafood was average and po boys probably below average, the charbroiled oysters may be the best oysters I have ever had in my life! Awesome! The spices and garlic butter and cheese were a perfect combination of seasonings.