“Good food, fair service”

McGuire's Irish Pub
Ranked #4 of 306 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Missouri
“Good food, fair service”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Everything we had was delicious. I had a blue cheese burger and my husband had a steak (he ordered the house salad but after seeing the caesar salad we wished he would have chosen that). We tried the bean soup…excellent! The only reason I didn't give it a 5/5 was the service. Our waiter was pretty efficient but really lacking of personality. Looking around, the other wait staff looked to be having fun so I think we just got the bad apple of the bunch.
BIG TIP: We were sat in a little room…you had to take a walk through the gift shop to get there. It was quiet and not at all hopping like the main area. Maybe if you're on a date or meeting and you want the quiet…request that room. But we were wanting the fun, loud experience and we were really disappointed (I can't say that is the restaurant's fault though, we will just request the main area next time). Overall, not the experience I was expecting but since the food was so good we will go back and give it another try.

2 Thank travelplanaholic

• Polish first
Nashville, Tennessee
“Top quality, amazing food! ”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I ate here on our first night in Destin. I'm a trip advisor addict and chose accordingly based on price stated and overall reviews (over 1k excellent for this place). The atmosphere was great and there was a guy playing guitar, harmonica and singing. He was good enough and it added entertainment. We're not drinkers, but if you are I know you'd appreciate the menu of beer at least. I ordered the .18 soup just to try it and it was a really good bean soup. I ordered the hamburger because I saw it on someone else's plate and it looked amazing. . And big. My friend ordered a seafood platter that she was equally happy with. While waiting they brought a dark wheat loaf with butter. This was the best bread I've had in my 31 years. The texture, firmness, flavor was perfection. My hamburger was made of ground steak and was amazing. Took half home and left stuffed. We seriously had to force ourselves not to eat here every day and would visit Destin again just to eat here. Seriously.

Bradenton, Florida
“OMG...why did we wait so long....”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

We have been to Irish pubs before and always disappointed as to why we held out going to McGuires. What a mistake that was! Best place in Destin. Service was above and beyond, food was delictable, worth every penny! After dinner we stopped in the gift shop and had to get a souvenir. The after dinner fireworks was the pinnacle moment to cap off the best dinner experience we have had in a LONG time.
Don't miss out on the experience of McGuires.

“A mountain of food!”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Come hungry, you will be leaving with a doggy bag. Ribeye steak was great. Husband had the best fried oysters he says he's ever eaten. We also tried the 18 cent famous bean soup and it WAS FANTASTIC! The place also has tons of irish charm. Hope they never stop playing the irish music, it makes it fun.

Kentucky
“Best steak dinner ever!!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

This was my wife's and I third time eating at McGuire's and it was the best ever. Finding a parking spot was a breeze. No waiting for a table. Our waiter was fantastic. We started our meal off with a strawberry daiquiri, the best I ever had. Then we ordered the Boxtys for an app. Very good and plenty of them. We ordered a wedge salad and it was cold and crisp and a wonderful dressing. The main course was a 14oz. NY strip steak and baked potato. The steak was cooked perfect and was so tender and juicy. The potato was bigger than my head and came with a trio of cheese, chives and sour cream. We sat there and ate until we couldn't eat any more and boxed everything up and had a second meal in our hotel room the next day....lol. As we ate, the Irish music was playing in the background and we looked at all the decorations and of course the nearly 2 million dollar bills on the walls. We had a great time and even the gift shop is a must do!!