“Great food eclectic atmosphere for a good price ”

McGuire's Irish Pub
Ranked #4 of 410 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Burgers great and cheesy Philly excellent. The potato skins are awesome. Try the homemade root beer. Leave your mark by adding to the dollars!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,669)

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Best place in Destin for a steak! Won't find better in Destin. The atmosphere is great and lively. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

There was six of us eat most got burgers and unless u r a huge eat er the burgers are a two person. They are massive and reasonably priced taste ok, but where they get u is the drink we got a picture of their homemade root beer $10 and tasted like crap and refills were $10 really

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed August 8, 2014

GREAT ATMOSPHERE- excellent staff and the kitchen doesn't disappoint. If I were a local- this would be a regular destination for me. You can watch sports- play pool- relax on the patio or just have a drink during happy hour- it's a great place.

Date of visit: August 2014
Reviewed August 8, 2014

McGuires was 4th restaurant we tried ( going down the list of places that were always mentioned on travel sites) and it was by far the best! First off, it is easier to get to (skip the traffic by traveling just north of 98 on the side streets) and there is ample parking. We spent 30 minutes circling Harborwalk, but parked at McGuires within 5 mins. If you can't find a spot in front, side,or back and don't want the (cheap!) $5 valet option, there is a friendly McGuire employee on a shuttle cart that will pick you up at the extra parking one block behind the restaurant. Next - we were seated almost immediately! Eventhough there are 6 of us, and it was 5:30pm, we were at our table upstairs and giving our drink order within 10 mins. This place is huge and they have plenty of attentive staff so you don't have to wait long for anything (food, refills, check). Now the food: we ordered the sampler appetizer and were very pleased with all the items - definitely worth the money for a chance to try so many unique tastes (fried mash potato balls, reuben egg rolls with corned beef, fried apple fritter stix...) it took two plates for the 7-8 different foods I this appetizer. We all ordered burgers and they were HUGE and very delicious. Service was fast, friendly and attentive. Our waitress was fun and took her time with us, answering questions and joking with our teenagers. Our food came out very quickly for the huge crowd that was there - less than 30 mins. My St Patty melt was delicious, eventhough the top was a bit scorched black in places. I did not mention it, but the waitress saw it and begged me to let her take it back because,"That is not how our patty melt should look." The manager brought a fresh sandwich out and apologized. I had already eaten a third of it (it was tasty!) but I really appreciate that the waitstaff and management have such high standards for their food and take care of customers so well. My husband enjoyed the beer- he liked that he could try out (7?) varieties on the taster tray thing and then order his favorite. I had the Emory Chenowith and got a free shirt with it. It is. A fruity sweet drink and very good. Of the 6 "top" restaurants we went to in Destin, McGuires is the only one we will definitely come back to next year.

Date of visit: August 2014