“July 3”

McGuire's Irish Pub
Ranked #5 of 300 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“July 3”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I had the tuna steak and it tasted like tuna out of can. The bean soup wasn't for me. The black bread was about average. We had the homemade root beer and it was average but served a little too warm for our liking. My girlfriend got the 12oz fillet and it was AWESOME!!!!! If I go back, I will get steak for sure.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
north carrollton ms
“Overpacked expect a long wait.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

The food was decent and the atmosphere loud and busy. Expect a long wait here. Not the place for smaller kids. This place is more for the 18 and above crowd. Service was friendly.

• Visited August 2013
Austell, GA
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband, daughter, and son-in-law ate at McGuire’s on June 30th. Parking can be a challenge (we were blessed enough to squeeze into a parking spot in an otherwise full lot), so it has been recommended to use the $5 Valet Parking (I will remember that next time if we are not so fortunate).

Once inside, we listed ourselves and it only took 15 minutes for us to be seated. Being that this was our first time eating in this particular establishment, we were quite impressed with all the $1 bills hanging on the ceilings and pasted to various walls of the restaurant (we were told there are approx. $1.5 mil. bills hanging or otherwise affixed inside the establishment).

Our server, Gina, was attentive to our needs. We started with the 18 cent (yes I said 18 CENT) bean soup – which could have been a meal in itself! – as a starter. We all decided to order the steak burgers, which were quite huge (3/4 lbs) and came with a side of our choice (I had BBQ beans). The meal came with all the bread and butter that we could ever want. My daughter ordered the Irish Wake and was unable to finish it, but she really wanted it for the souvenir jar. Also, be aware that the restroom signage can be confusing (you will know what I mean … if you have to go badly, just pay attention!).

After dinner, we perused the Gift Shop which is reasonably priced with T-shirts, wines, ales, and other souvenir items of interest.

All in all, we left with full stomachs and good warm fuzzies. My sister, her two girls, and I will be coming down in about 3 weeks, and we will be eating at McGuire’s.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank KayGee62
Mountain City, Tennessee
“My favorite restaurant on earth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

I am 30 years into this life and McGuire's Irish Pub is my favorite restaurant on earth. I had a Skippy Peanut Butter Burger. That is a large beef patty topped with Skippy Peanut Butter on a bun with a side of fries. The fries are coated potato wedges of the frozen variety. The bread served at this restaurant is heavenly. The bread is dripping with honey butter upon arrival to the table. The bread is served on a board. It's AWESOME. Burger meals are about 12 each and are huge, shareable.

The ribeye was very good and came with two fried onion rings and we chose a baked potato (w/ sea salt) and green mix salad. Skip the ranch dressing. All of this was very good.

There are over one million (REAL!) one dollar bills that line the walls of this restaurant. Amazingly it doesn't smell. Go. Enjoy!!! I did and I will again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank wrestlingfanfromtn
Canton, Ohio, United States
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Great food, excellent service and most of all , the kids loved it!! The Boxty appetizer is great!!! The potato skins were a hit with the kids!! The Bean soup Rocked!!!