“Not to be missed in destin”

McGuire's Irish Pub
Ranked #4 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Buford, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not to be missed in destin”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Located near the Destin harbor, this place offers great food, beer and wine. Lots of fun. Check out their ceiling with the $ bills. Good times and good food!

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Madison, Alabama
“Great”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Not only great food, the server was outstanding and the location is easy to find. There is alot to choise from to eat and drink. Happy hour drinks are great and priced really good.

Panama, New York
“Fun Place/urgg more costumes”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed at the hotel just acrossed the street from this place. Was nice not having to drive to eat dinner. It is a casual environment. I have eaten here a couple of time. The service is consistent...and the food is good. My favorite is the shepards pie and chilli. I don't really feel restaurants that have to dress up their employees in dated or so called traditional outfits...but other than that...good food and good environment.

1 Thank 536lucia
Chicago, Illinois
“Don't miss this”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

What a fun and interesting place. Add good food and friendly service and you have a winner. The menu is varied and has Irish favorites like Shepherds Pie and corned beef and cabbage. The steakburgers come with toppings from guacamole to hot fudge! (Though they don't recommend it)
With a meal you can get a bowl of bean soup for 18 cents. Baked French onion soup was great. I ordered the nachos, an appetizer, and it was dinner for me, lunch for my husband the next day and a snack for us later that night. They brew their own beers, have an attached liquor and gift store and outdoor service and seating. Go. You'll be glad you did.

1 Thank beth828
Summerfield, Florida
“Sort of a Mixed Review.”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We heard a lot about McGuire's from both the locals and Tripadvisor, usually good sources of information, so we went to dinner with high expectations. Unfortunately the reality never met our expectations. McGuire's Pub is a fun place, one we would go back to, with lots of lively activity and music. Our waitress was exceptional, always there when we needed her, but never hovering. She explained the specials and told us that they only use prime grade beef even in their burgers and that is the reason they are the best in Destin. Our ladies all had Cosmopolitans to drink, they were excellent, we guys all ordered their made on premises root beer. The root beer tasted okay but was nothing exceptional and wasn't served as cold as I would have liked. I had expected frosted mugs. We all started with the 18 cent bowl of Senate Bean Soup which was outstanding. Some of us had hamburgers, which were rumored to be the best in Destin, and I had the steak and mushroom pie. My pie was tasty, the broth/gravy was rich and flavorful, however, one bite of the steak was so tough and fibrous that I could not chew it and actually had to lay it aside on my plate. A couple of the burgers were very dry and certainly not the best we have had. . All in all it is a very good restaurant, excellent service, tasty food, and a fun and festive ambiance but for our group did not live up to expectations. Go to have a good time but don't expect perfection from the food.

• Visited October 2013