“Good home cooking and a pleasing atmosphere”

McGuire's Irish Pub
Ranked #4 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
South Fulton, Tennessee
“Good home cooking and a pleasing atmosphere”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was our restaurant of choice while staying in Destin. The food was very good. We ordered their angus beef burger and was pleasantly surprised at how tender it was. We also had fish one evening. It was as good as any fish fillet I have ever eaten. With each meal we had a bowl of home made bean soup that tasted just like what I make at home. And I loved it and it was on the menu for only .18 cents a bowl. What a treat!We added our dollar to the huge collection of dollars in this restaurant. We wrote our names and occassion for our visit on it. Our waitress stapled it to the wall for us. We will look for it when we return next time. If you are in Destin you really do need to try this Irish Pub. You won't be disappointed~~

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
South Plainfield, New Jersey
“What A Great Atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My son in law heard a lot about this place from fellow airmen at Eglin Air force Base nearby. Inside we learned there was 1.3 million dollars hanging on the walls and from the ceiling in singes! The menu was traditional Irish fare and I really enjoyed my corned beef sandwich! The service was great and they had really cheap drink specials depending on the day of the week. On Tuesdays it was $3 martinis made with double shots. They're house drink special is called the Irish Wake because they say you wind up on the floor after drinking only one. They actually have a maximum of 3 of these per person! When I asked what was in it she rattled off so much booze that I couldn't remember all of them! Rum, spiced rum, 151 rum and it came in a souvenir mason jar that was at least 26 oz. I was so glad I didn't have to drive. I didn't wind up on the floor but came pretty close after only one. This is a fun place with a great atmosphere. I will definitely go back to try the shepard's pie and all the other traditional dishes on the menu!

Concord, North Carolina
“Great food, service and fun!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is one of our favorite places to eat when we come to Destin. We make sure we have dinner at least once. The service is great and it is fun to see the money hanging everywhere & the moose for you to kiss for luck. It is a must place for dinner.

Pensacola, Florida
“Highly recommend McGuire's to anyone visiting the area.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Highly recommend McGuire's to anyone visiting the area. Atmosphere is fun and the service outstanding. We enjoyed the Bouillabaisse, Cedar Plank Salmon, Yellow Fin Tuna and the New York Strip. Their Cesar Salads are always the best. Today the asparagus was under cooked, could not eat it. The 18 cent bean soup is usually so good however tonight it was very salty, I sent it back.

Southaven, Mississippi
“Best Rueben I've ever had!!!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Great place for the whole family! We ate at McGuires twice during our stay in Destin. The first night we ordered nachos. They were massive, enough for 6 to 10 people, and quite tasty. We followed with the Senate bean soup which is comfort in a bowl. My mom and I split a Rueben. It was amazing...the bread was nice and toasty and the corned beef was so tender. My husband enjoyed his patty melt. We rounded out the meal with the "Wake", a nice fruity drink in a souvenir cup. The meal was reasonably priced too. The second trip we got food to go. We started with the boxtys. You can't go wrong with these fried mashed potatoes. We couldn't help but order the Rueben again and a filet. The steak was so tender and well seasoned. All the meals were huge portions so small eaters can split the plates and still be full. We always visit when we come to Destin and will return.