“Excellent”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews decided to try this place out. Glad we got there when we did, had to wait about 15 min. When we left it looked like there was an hour wait. Our server Nick was great and very friendly, our food came out in timely fashion and came in big portions where we couldn't finish it all(normally I finish my plate and my fiancée plate) I wish I could have tried out there dessert cause I saw some come out that looked amazing(next time ill save room). Highly recommend mcguires just get there a little eairly if you don't want to wait long

• Polish first
San Antonio, Texas
“Eh”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We really wanted to try McGuire's, but unfortunately that was not possible, given the fact of the horrible service given by our invisible waitress. We arrived and were told that there was a 15-20 minute wait, so we signed in and went to the bar to have a drink while we waited. The bartender was super nice and very attentive! While we waited we listened to the live band from Alabama, which were really good, and were hoping to hear more from them. Then they called us and the hostess sat us, and I know the waitress saw us, but decided to completely ignore us. I kept making eye contact with her, but she dodged us completely, we waited for at least 15 minutes. The only plus side was that we had a good table and the good music, but the moment I saw people sit at the table next to us get service from her, we just decided to go. So disappointed! The food smelled really good! Our entire time in Destin, we had not received any bad service, I guess we were due. It's unfortunate because everyone at McGuire's was really nice except her.

1 Thank Vicki M
Glasgow, Kentucky, United States
“Offers different variety of food!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We've visited McGuire's on two occasions and both times the food has been really good. The last time (sept 2013) the service was pretty slow starting off... Especially for 1pm on a Monday during the off season. Wasn't really busy, but its all good because the food was really tasty and the server was kind enough. My Sausage Platter came with McGuire's Irish Red beer which was good. I will be back for future vacations.

GA
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a great place for dinner. We were seated immediately last Sunday night. We were disappointed that their prime rib was sold out, but their other steaks were good. Others enjoyed the shepherd's pie and fish and chips. The dollar bills all over the walls and ceiling were fun to look at.

The only turn off was the server asking us in the middle of our meals if we thought we needed boxes to go. I don't even know how to answer that question with food still in our mouths. After similar questions from him later, it was pretty clear that he wanted to get out of there.

Visited September 2013
Independence, Kentucky
“Good burgers!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This place is big and fun! The inside is very cozy. Burgers are really good and so many different types to choose from. Huge 3/4 pound burger for $10!! We have already eaten here twice while in destin for a week!