“Excellent, the best food in Destin”

McGuire's Irish Pub
Ranked #2 of 310 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Reviewed January 4, 2013

First time in Destin, this was the best restaurant that we tried on our trip.
Calamari was crispy and tender. Crab cakes were amazing, also they gave 3 patties.
The New York strip steak was fantastic with blue cheese topping.
Prices were reasonable for the portion and quality of the food.
Our server was Wes, he was excellent.
Can't wait to return to Destin so that we can visit McGuire's again.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,908)

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've been to this restaurant several times. Unfortunately, it's a favorite of some people I hang out with. Depending on what you order the food always comes out unbearably salty. The beer is way better at the Pensacola location. If you're a true fan of micro brews this place will leave you disappointed. At least the service is usually pretty good!

1  Thank Brlynn73
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been to McQuire's many times and have always got great food and great service. I always fill out the service card after my meal because they are that good. The Senate bean soup and bread are a meal on their own. The Irish Wake is fantastic and you get the glass to take home. They are very generous with their portions and don't skimp on anything. They make you feel welcome and give great service. From the hamburgers to the steaks, to the sammies, to the potato balls the food is really good, always fresh and hot. The Irish Bread pudding is amazing and get the shot of whiskey over it, it was good. We always enjoy walking around the gift shop and looking at all the wines and Irish alcohol they have. It's a must for steak lovers or traditional Irish Fair.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was my favorite night out from our trip in Destin! For anyone who visits, you MUST get an Irish Wake! It was so yummy & you get to keep the mason jar as a souvenir. ;] We had the spinach & artichoke dip as an appetizer and I am very tempted to buy the McGuire's cookbook just so I can have the recipe - without a doubt, the best I have ever tasted. Our entrees were equally as delicious. I had the fried shrimp, my boyfriend the corned beef & cabbage, and my mom had a steak. We all enjoyed our meals! The atmosphere was really fun and laid back, and I was very impressed with the service for as busy as they were! After our dinner, we spent probably thirty minutes in the gift shop, which is filled with lots of tempting things to buy! I definitely recommend McGuire's to all who visit Destin! :]

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Althought we are frequent visitors to the Gulf Coast, we were McGuire's virgins. Now we know what all the fuss was about. This is a great place for fun, food and drink. The bottomless champaign glass on Sundays is a must and the food order came out exactly as ordered (somewhat unusual as we can be difficult and pickey). We sat at the bar which we highly recommend, and most of those around us were locals which says something about the place. If you are in the Destin area and enjoy a lively bar atmosphere, this place is for you.