“A family favorite everytime we're in the area”

McGuire's Irish Pub
Ranked #2 of 310 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I for one am not a big fan of Irish culture. The first time we came here (8 years ago) I was bemoaning the fact that this was more "Irish" than I could handle. That was 8 years ago and we have since been back a total of 15 times. We spend every summer vacaion in Destin/Ft. Walton and have found McGuires to be the thing we most look forward to second only to the beach. We simply love this place and have never, ever had anything short of an excellent experience. From the food to the service to the ambiance, they have hit it out of the park every time. We never mind the wait as there are plenty of things to do nearby. As a family of 6, our order is often varied and every item we've ever ordered has been prepared expertly and delivered fresh and hot. I am partial to their ribs. Every place I order ribs now has to be compared to McGuire's. I would also recommend the Rueben Egg Rolls. Fantastic!! My daughter ordere the Shepherd's Pie and talks about it still to this day. The waitstaff have always been professional, efficient, and most importantly, fun. They haven't lost their sense of fun in pursuit of company profits. Never had a bad one.
The bathroom signs are hilarious (at least that's what the thousands and thousands of customers thought until 1 woman had a problem with them and took McGuire's to court over them) and we love watching people react to them.
Not a big drinker but I didn't see what the big deal was about their signature drink the Irish Wake. It was pretty expensive but the tasted didn't bowl me over. Just a personal preference I guess.
There is simply no way one can walk out of this place and give it a negative review. Has to be tried at least once.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,044)

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Just returned from Destin and once again had a great experience at McGuire's. The food was great, the service was quick and the service was good. To bad more places that can't do what they do

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We did not eat at the Pub. However, we were going down 98 and wondering if any of the local stores carried wines made with Florida grapes. It was around 9:00 a.m. and we happened to be looking in the window of McGuire's shop (next to the restaurant), when one of the gentlemen who works in the restaurant stuck his head out the door and asked if I needed any help.
I told him our dilemna, and he kindly pointed the way to the Emerald Coast Wine Cellars. Which by the way, was a great place.
We found our wine and bought 4 bottles.
Next time we are in Destin, we are eating at McGuire's.
Thank you for your kindness. You didn't have to do what you did.
The staff at Emerald Coast Wine Cellars recommend McGuire's as well!!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I wasn't crazy about what I ordered but service was good, atmosephere unique & lots of food, just would try something different.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great food--great atmosphere--a lot of fun. Be aware the portions are HUGE!!! Lickily we just ordered appetizers--and had to take some home!!!