“Worth the wait!!!”

Ranked #2 of 312 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is our third time to McGuire's in the last 10 years....it keeps getting better! Because it is so popular be prepared to wait up to an hour, but with the gift shop and neat atmosphere the time seems to fly by. We ended up going upstairs and eating on the patio/bar area....open & airy but great service. We had had the Senate Bean soup for appetizer - wonderful. The Irish Boxty's, Ribeye, BBQ Ribs, Kids' mac & cheese and 16oz Strip were all fantastic! Amazing that they do all these things so well. Always enjoy watching the guests go in & out of the bathrooms....you'll figure it out once you've been the first time. Can't wait to go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,131)

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I see why this place has the No. 1 rating on tripadvisor. First, we went there on Christmas Eve...and they were closing early...but we were NEVER rushed. In fact, our server, Benji, told us to relax and take our time. We ordered drinks (I had their own Irish Red Ale) and dinner. My wife had Shepard's Pie, and she said it was the best she ever had. I had a delicious Lamb Stew. Both dishes were huge...didn't have any room for dessert. We liked it so much that we returned three nights later just for Happy Hour. We enjoyed half-priced wine and beer and split an appetizer (the Irish Egg Rolls - egg rolls with corned beef and cabbage inside). That ended up being our dinner. We enjoyed the atmosphere...and the place was packed both nights we were there.

1  Thank TRTravelers
Reviewed December 28, 2012

McGuires is a staple for any trip to Destin. Have been going there for more years than I can count. It's always good and you get a lot of food. Family friendly, couple and group friendly and a place my elderly father loves (he's got a soft spot for their prime rib). You see all ages at this place. I've had steaks, burgers, chicken, sandwiches, salads and fish there - and it's always been what I think of as a "hearty" meal. Good tasting, more than ample servings and service that is just top notch. And you can't beat the 18 cent bean soup you can order with your entree.

Drinks are generous (two for one at certain times), great beer selection and has a vibrant bar scene (check out the top deck during the warmer months). It's always packed - but I've never waited very long as the place seats more than you would think.

Has signed dollars on the walls (don't try stealing them -- like some bozo did during one of my visits - and was immediately caught - the many regulars are very protective of the place) and great sports pics, which give it a nice pub plus atmosphere. Great big booths that you can stretch out in (or seat a family of 6 at) and has a little store with all things Irish that makes it a fun place for the kids to check out.

Not a quiet place - lively - but not obnoxious. Wait staff treats you like gold, which I especially like for my elderly father (85+). He goes there with friends when we aren't visiting and is always treated like a king...to the point that he has favorite wait staff he always looks for when he goes :)

You won't worry about having the kids here and it's casual. Put it on your list for when you visit Destin and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The food was excellent and the service was too! You must try the boxti appetizer...very good. The steaks were "melt in your mouth" delicious. And...don't forget the Irish wake. That is an awesome drink. Overall...I'm very glad the reviews led us here.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Great food and great great service. Been there twice and will definitely return. Burgers and Reuben are fantastic and way too much for one person.