“Try the Pork Chops!!!”

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Birmingham, Alabama
“Try the Pork Chops!!!”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I am a regular Mcguires customer. They always have great food! The lunch specials are fantastic and not overpriced! The steaks are very good too. BUT, the Pork chops are possibly the BEST thing ever! I mean ridiculously good! Try them you won't be disappointed!

• Visited January 2012

• Polish first
Kansas City, Missouri
“McGuire's is a must!”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I go to Destin several times a year and McGuire's is always a place I have to go to. With all the seafood that you eat in Destin it's nice to have a break from it all. I almost always get the filet. It is my favorite restaurant steak right up there with Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Their steak burgers and traditional Irish items are also very good. All of the main entrees such as steak, chicken, fish ect come with the most amazing bread pumpernickel bread; soup or salad (I love the wedge salad), and your choice of side (creamed spinach and baked potato are the best). The last time I went though I was disappointed. Our waiter did not bring our bread and when my wedge salad came all it had on it was blue cheese dressing and blue cheese crumbles. When I asked the water where the bacon was is said that they have never put bacon on their wedge salads and that I could buy a piece of bacon if I wanted to. I have been going to McGuires for years and my wedge salad has always come with bacon, I know that they have crumbled bacon because when you get a baked potato it comes on the topping tray. This may seem like a small thing but he was very rude about it and could have just given crumbled bacon; problem solved. That being said, that was one and only bad experience at McGuires. The food is always consistently good and usually the service is too.

• Visited October 2011
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Fun atmosphere, good food, excellent value”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

One time a friend and I stopped in starving and broke with only $20. We sat at the bar, where we were immediately given a basket of popcorn. It was Monday night, and margaritas were $1.99, so we each had one. Then we ordered the potato skins appetizer ($8.99) and a cup of the 19-cent Senate Bean Soup for each of us (that's right; only 19 cents and it's delicious). Once we placed our food order, they also brought us out a giant loaf of warm pumperknickel bread with butter. We had so much food, that we only ate half of our potato skins (two each), and we each had two to take leftover for lunch the next day. So our total was a whopping $14, we left a generous tip of $6 spending our full $20 limit, but for all of that we got:
two margaritas, popcorn, bread, two cups of soup, two potato skins each for dinner, and two potato skins each for lunch the next day.
Wow!!! So proud of that day...
I've had other things here too, and pretty much everything is tasty, and everything is generously portioned, so you always feel like you're getting a great deal.

1 Thank morgann24
Cameron, North Carolina
“such great food”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

You have got to try this place while you are in town. They offer a pretty extensive menu, but my favorites are the boxty's and any of their steaks or burgers. Yummmm be sure to leave a dollar on the wall!

Visited November 2011
New Orleans, Louisiana
“we loved it, cant wait to go back!!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

we loved this place from the moment we set foot in here. great atmosphere, great food with large portions, great service! my children are very picky and even they loved this place! the dollar bills hanging everywhere are a trip and the bathrooms are even funny, make sure you read the signs before you enter. the mens bathroom says 'LADIES' IN BIG LETTERS AND THEN IN SMALL LETTERS IT SAYS'DO NOT ENTER THIS IS THE MENS ROOM! MEN do not enter this is the ladies room. So they had a few people that just assumed they were in the right place because they didnt read the whole sign they just saw MEN OR WOMEN and went in only to get the surprise of their life when they were in the wrong bathroom, hilarious!! if you are ever in the destin/fort walton area make sure you visit this place, you will love it as much as we did.

• Visited June 2011