“Very pleasant stay”
Review of Club Destin

Club Destin
Ranked #52 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Our room was very clean. It isn't a waterfront property but it is close to attractions and restaurants. The beds were very comfortable.The indoor heated pool is very large, which delighted my kids since we visited in February. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank elkhollow
There are newer reviews for Club Destin

Reviewed January 30, 2012

It was a place to stay. That's about as much as I can say.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jjasper78
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I find all aspects of the facility in good order. The indoor dome is a nice fall-back during bad weather. Accessories are top notch.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Beaker48
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The resort was no better than a bad super 8 motel with a microwave and a burner to cook on. It had mold in the bathroom around the faucets, dirty carpet that made your socks filthy after one night, a burner on the burner cook top that did not work, refrigerator that held next to nothing and wobbled, microwave that had no instructions so it could not be used to do between a minute and two, poor help at the check-in desk, and immediately on check -in they wanted us to upgrade to a bigger one at an addtional 35 dollars a night-bait and switch. Besides all that, the beach took some time and effort to get to across 5 or more lanes of traffic and considerable walking (couldn't drive over there) to get to the beach. Guests had to stay within 20 feet of the water line as other hotels owned the rights to the beach. Don't go here!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Outside looks great. The atrium where the pool is looks good. Housekeeping bro...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kathleen O
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Just returned from spending my kids fall break down here. We were so happy with our accomodations. We got in real late and the front desk was so friendly. The room wass clean and spacious. We enjoyed the large indoor pool more than any other amenity. We had a full kitchen in our room and were very happy with the things we were provided with to use in there. I think we will be coming back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ken d
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We exchanged our Premium resort propery for this place because it was all that was available in the Gulf area. It was just ok, and we probably would not go back. Upon arrival, I felt that I was an inconvenience for the front desk clerk. I don't think I saw a smile the whole time I was there from any of the desk staff. The manager was nice, however, but he should probably send all desk personal for personality adjustments!
Our room was a disappointment; in a hallway with a view of a wall and at night the fluorescent lights made the room brighter than daylight. The hotel's solution was to give us an extra blanket to hang over the window. The bed was very comfortable, however. They have a nice indoor pool and hot tub, but they close at 10. It would have been nice to be able to use the hot tub a little later a night. There is also an outdoor pool. They have planned activities Monday - Thursday from about 10 to 2 or 3, mainly crafts and games geared for younger children. The activity director spent more time on her iPad than talking to the kids. One other nice amenity was the movie room - the had a nice selection of films, as well as books you can borrow during your stay. There is also a game room and outdoor pool.
The hotel has beach "access" which is a couple blocks away, but it is only an easement between two giant condominiums. It is only about 10 to 15 feet wide, lined on both sides with signs stating "Private Property" about every 10 feet. Florida law says that the 20 feet from the water line is public access, but these condominiums have pretty much taken over. There was really no place to go on Club Destin's beach access, so we drove a short distance to a public beach which was fine, as it had showers.
One bad thing that happened was that I left a bag of jewelry in a drawer in the kitchen and was not able to get it back. I called the manager a couple times and he assured me that their housekeeping staff was honest and always turned in missing items, but I guess this time the jewelry was too tempting! Very unfortunate, but I guess it was my fault for forgetting it. My daughters are upset because their "oyster pearls" were in the bag and cannot be replaced.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Mrs_RSF
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Club Destin isn't much of a "resort," but the staff, location more than make up for it. The building is old, and literally falling apart in some places, but everything worked as it should and the room was clean. I would recommend it if you're within a budget or with a family. Lots of families were there and the resort accommodates for them well.

Room Tip: There is a lot of noise inside, due to the foot traffic and echos.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple