$479
$67
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

Sleep Inn(Destin)
$89
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$143
$135
$129
Hampton.com
$127
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$112
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
1,365 results
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanstay at this hotel againhot breakfastpublic beach accessfree breakfastpool and hot tubvery nice hotelminute drivegreat place to staylocation was perfectnice stayspring breaktargetpillowsinternethousekeeping
Reviewed October 27, 2010

My husband and I really enjoyed our 3-day stay here and will be staying here every time we return to Destin! The staff at the check-in counter was always friendly and the cleaning staff was wonderful! We received extra pillows and extra towels minutes within our request for them. We loved the fresh, warm out of the oven Otis Spunkmeyer cookies greeting us every day at 3:00 p.m. at the check-in counter. The complimentary breakfast buffet was great and always refilled and constantly checked on by the staff. We did not find the beds hard at all like some other reviewers had stated. The only thing I would change is I wish the outdoor was heated as it was too cold to swim in in the evenings, but the hot tub was wonderful! I would also recommend that ladies bring their own hair dryers from home if they have long hair like me because the tiny hair dryer in the room took forever to dry my long hair. Trip Advisor has never steered us wrong and we're so glad we followed their excellent recommendation! After we returned home from our trip, it was also a nice touch to receive a postcard from the hotel in the mail for a 15% discount off of our next stay with them. We will definitely be using it next visit! Keep up the great job, Wingate! See you soon!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank neilandmar
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel is in a secluded location off the main hwy 98. Very nice hotel, pool, hot tub. They keep the facilities clean and have a very nice breakfast. The listing for the tv channels was outdated .. had to call to find out what channel HBO was on. When the wind blew from the north the water (sewage) treatment smell behing the hotel would come in through the air conditioner. It was a horrible smell.. nothing they can do about it.
The hotel's sign our front needs to be made into an illumindated sign.. folks don't even know the hotel is there. You can go behind Wynn/Dixie to get to the back airline road to avoid getting out on HWY 98 and the traffic. Beds were comfortable enough, large room.. hotel has been there 5 years.. they need a better sign at 98 indicating the hotel is there. Still has the sand dunes and trees,etc. around the facility so makes it kind of quiet and secluded. You can walk to the grocery store, there is a new Chinese buffett that you can walk to (Fuji sushi and buffet)... Target is in walking distance across the parking lot.
Big Kahuna is within walking distance.. like next door to the hotel. Rooms have microwave and coffee makers, fridge.. nice to have if you plan on eating in room some. Nice big desk for computer hookups.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank memixerWestTennessee
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Rooms were average size. Amenities were very nice and 24 hour coffee was a nice touch. However, they could have used a bigger pool. I was disappointed in the pool area and in the exercise room there was only one treadmill (out of service). The closest public beach was a 15 minute drive. Breakfast was decent at best. They need to do a better job of sound-proofing rooms. The people in floor above sounded like they were moving furniture all day and night. Luckily I got the room for 45.00 per night on price-line. Anymore and I would have been sick.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2010

This is a very nice hotel! My only complaint is that it is NOT accessible to the beach. My husband & I had hoped to just cross the highway & be able to access the beach, but we found ourselves in a community of condos and beach homes with only gated beach access. However, public beach access is a short 5-10 minute drive away.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2010

This is a great Hotel to stay and enjoy the beautiful Destin beaches. I have stayed here more than 300 nights on business and everyone is very friendly from the manager Karen to the front desk staff Andy and Jessica . The rooms are always very, very clean thanks to Taffy and staff. Would highly recommend staying at the Windgate in Destin.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business