“Something for Everyone”
Review of Lighthouse Restaurant - CLOSED

Lighthouse Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have been eating here every year during our annual vacation to Destin. Love the prime rib and they always have specials with 1/2 price entrees during the early dinner hours. The location is not out right on the mainstream like most of the restaurants are. It sits in the middle of a mostly vacant shopping center, although they do have a tall sign on the main drag. The only complaint I have ever had was that I asked for extra lemon for my tea and the waitress said she would have to charge me 50 cents extra. I told her no problem. It just struck me as odd, as no other restaurant has ever charged me extra for lemon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were determined to find a good place to eat seafood that wouldn't be too pricey on our recent family trip to Destin. The menu for the Lighthouse was in our condo's restaurant binder and we saw that it offered 1/2 price for entrees from 6-8 p.m. so we decided to try it. The food was very good; my son and I both had a seafood assortment plate, with crab claws, shrimp, a crab cake and scallops. I didn't like the shrimp very much, but the scallops and crab were good. Another son had a chicken/steak combo and my toddler had the child fish, which was excellent (I was really, really surprised given that it was a "kid" item). My husband had the prime rib. All in all, the service was excellent with a kind, friendly waitress, the food was good, and you just couldn't beat the price. The ambiance of the restaurant was mediocre - it came across as a homey, senior-citizens type place, but honestly, if you are going for good food at a reasonable price, this is a great place to visit.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

A shopper at the outlet mall told my wife how wonderful this restaurant was. We have been coming to Destin for years and have passed it up many times. It is in a small shopping area that is somewhat vacant and a little unsightly, which is why we probably have been passing it up all these years. What a mistake! Once you get inside you'll find it classy and probably one of the best bargains in Destin. I up-sized my Prime Rib to 12oz and it was still only $15! They have a half price menu that runs most of the time. I figured at that price the prime would be marginal. Three of us got the Prime Rib and all were more than pleased. It was juicy, tender, and really tasty. I have paid twice this much many times around Destin for a smaller, tougher cut of prime. The staff is top drawer and so is the food and at bargain prices. This place is the real deal.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Have eaten here 3 or 4 times in the past and always has been very good. Early dinner specials are awesome with half menu price. But this trip, fish was heavily battered and hard to tell the sea scallops from the crab balls. Maybe a bad night or maybe a change in ownership!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Lighthouse offers very friendly, kind of homespun service and good food at reasonable prices. Been there several times - quality never changes.