“Excellent & Fun”

Travinia Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Contemporary American Italian. Handcrafted daily salads, chicken, pastas, seafood, beef and veal. Extensive wine list. Open for lunch and dinner. Full service catering, carryout and delivery, private dining, select menus and family style dining. Gluten free menu options.
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Dropped in for a drink after a round of golf... The bar was great, atmosphere was terrific, the service was excellent and the Cosmo(s) to die for. We liked it so much that we went for dinner. Again the service was excellent, food was great and the price was very reasonable. We will definitely return :)

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I was the one who didn't like it ( I would give it a 3). The ambiance is great, but I wasn't impressed with the food or service. I thought the italian nachos tasted liked like wontons. I had the scampi travinia...the sauteed spinach was the only component that helped the dish. I thought it was too buttery and the shrimp didn't taste like fresh gulf shrimp. Our server was polite, but considering the price point of this restaurant, I would expect sharper service. The hostess was great and it was Friday night, the place was packed.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Some good and bad things about our New Years Eve dinner. We were seated promptly but after waiting over 15 minutes for our waitress I asked for someone to bring us drinks. Turns our we were seated in a section where the server hadn't shown up yet. The manager came by and said our first drinks were on the house. Once we finally ordered the food came out fast and was good but no one came by to refill our glasses or ask if we wanted another drink. For the price you could do better at La Famiglia.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Had lunch here for the first time the other day. Went with a friend for a Christmas lunch.
The restaurant is laid out nicely with a view of the kitchen behind glass.
They have a very nice outside patio with fire pits and tables. Would be a nice place to sit and have a drink with a little chill in the air.
Greeted at the door promptly and lead to a nice table. The greeter was personable and informative.
He showed us a very nice iPad device with wines and deserts that you many scroll throughat your leisure. Ahh.......... the technology age we live in!!!
As I said, the greeter was warm and personable, no so for our waitress.
She never introduced herself. She seemed preoccupied as she asked for our drink orders. When neither of us ordered an alcoholic drink she seemed put off.
It took almost 15 minutes to receive our drinks....and the place was not crowded at all, 4 tables that we saw.
When she did bring our drinks she took the iPad device without even asking if we had had a chance to look at it yet.
She did not explain or even offer any specials of the day.
She did not exhibit much personality at all. Maybe a bit of boredom and wanting to be anywhere else but where she was at the time.
As she took our orders she asked if we would like some garlic bread.
I must say, this was the best part of the entire meal.
It was hot, soft and fresh from the oven and very tasty. It was a bit of a let down when she took a small plate and poured some regular oil on it and then sprinkled some normal black pepper in it for our dipping sauce.
Would have been nice for a few red peppers and some Italian spices as this is advertised as an Italian Kitchen after all.
The spaghetti Bolognese I ordered was ok. The meatballs were small, tough and somewhat dry. Believe they were of the frozen variety. The sauce was adequate and tasty The menu did state that the sauce was homemade!. And the portion was nice sized.
My friend had the Pollo Isabella and she cleaned her plate. I did not try it but she said that it was good and she liked the sauce.
It was a nice place to have a lunch and good conversation. Might be better for dinner and drinks on the patio.
All in all, the place was nice, the meal was adequate but the service of one waitress brought the whole thing down a notch in our eyes.
Might go back and try it for dinner and drinks to see if it improves any.
There are better Italian places in the area if that is what you are looking for.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Six in our party all had a different entree. Meatballs were good, ravioli was average. Salad and the dressings were great as was the service. They do take RSVP so that is a nice touch during peak season. Other nearby Italian cafés that are better. Prices were reasonable.