“Fabulous Food, Excellent Service & View”

Louisiana Lagniappe
Ranked #3 of 300 Restaurants in Destin
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: In 1984, Louisiana Lagniappe was opened and established inside Sandpiper Cove condominiums in what was at one time the Sandpiper Cove Yacht Club. A loyal following was quickly established due, in no small part, to the quality of the food and the attention to detail of the service. In 1998 The Southern Restaurant Group took ownership of the restaurant with a commitment to maintain the same level of food quality and service. Since then, Louisiana Lagniappe has consistently served only the freshest seafood and steaks. Now open year round, Louisiana Lagniappe is the spot for a memorable dining experience on all levels. In 1999, a second Louisiana Lagniappe was opened in the San Roc Cay Shopping and Marina Complex in Orange Beach, Alabama. Offering the same fine Louisiana seafood with a Creole flair, the attire is casual, yet an upscale waterfront dining experience is provided for the entire family.
Florida
“Fabulous Food, Excellent Service & View”
Reviewed March 7, 2009

Last night my wife and I ate at the Louisiana Lagniappe for the first time and we thought it was fabulous. The service was top notch and it was definitely one of the best dinners we've had in Destin, and we live here. I had the Swordfish with Crab with shrimp on the side and highly recommend it. Most entrees are in the 20's and also include an excellent salad. Check out the menu on their web site. Strongly recommend the place.

Little Rock, AR
“We paid far too much for average quality food.”
Reviewed December 5, 2008

My Dad and I took a look at some of the reviews on here and decided to take a chance. The reviews were wrong. I had one of the many grouper entrees and it was falsely advertised as "pan seared". It was not. It was lightly breaded and lightly fried in a chicken fried steak batter. Even with the batter partially removed, the fish was tasteless. My Dad had something that I can no longer recall. I am pretty sure it was fried eggplant. Whatever it was it was also sub par. I found the $23 price tag of the grouper entree to be ridiculous. Every other entree on the menu was between $18-30. The salad we had was marinated in oil and vinegar and was very good. The grilled shrimp that came on my fish was also excellent. I won't ever go back, but if you must, I would stick with the shrimp and salad. Overrated for sure. However to be fair to the restaurant and chef, I have discovered that grouper is not mahi mahi, swordfish or tuna, and the service and atmoshpere were fantastic.

4 Thank tcelikel
kentucky
“It's The Best”
Reviewed December 1, 2008

I don't get to Destin very often, but when I do, I always go to Louisiana Lagniappe. Start with the corn and crab bisque and order the tournadoes of beef. You can't beat it. I have eaten at many a restaurant in New Orleans, and this place is just as good.

2 Thank mel-rph-cat
Mtn. Home, AR
“A reliably great place to eat for more than 20 years.”
Reviewed November 16, 2008

My wife and I first went here on our honeymoon in the mid-80's. We loved it then and have returned many times. We love the type of cuisine served as well as the location on the bay. When the weather's right, we enjoy eating outside, on the deck. The service is carried out by a well oiled machine...each server has assistants to keep you drinks topped off.
We had noticed the place looking a little run down over the past few years, but recently they remodeled, so that one minus has turned into a plus.
Overall, it is a consistently excellent restaurant with a cajun/seafood slant. The prices are well above average, but we believe the food quality, service, and location fully justifies the costs.

6 Thank appreciategoodfood
Tennessee
“Best food in Destin, Fl”
Reviewed October 12, 2008

This place is definately "something special!" You MUST go there for dinner! We are very selective people and we LOVED it! Super clean, excellent food, fast friendly service!

2 Thank CancunEnamorado