“Wonderful atmosphere”

Louisiana Lagniappe
Ranked #4 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In 1984, Louisiana Lagniappe was opened and established inside Sandpiper Cove condominiums in what was at one time the Sandpiper Cove Yacht Club. A loyal following was quickly established due, in no small part, to the quality of the food and the attention to detail of the service. In 1998 The Southern Restaurant Group took ownership of the restaurant with a commitment to maintain the same level of food quality and service. Since then, Louisiana Lagniappe has consistently served only the freshest seafood and steaks. Now open year round, Louisiana Lagniappe is the spot for a memorable dining experience on all levels. In 1999, a second Louisiana Lagniappe was opened in the San Roc Cay Shopping and Marina Complex in Orange Beach, Alabama. Offering the same fine Louisiana seafood with a Creole flair, the attire is casual, yet an upscale waterfront dining experience is provided for the entire family.
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This restaurant was a pleasant surprise for our last night in town. It is located within a gated community, so be prepared to stop at the guard shack to obtain a parking pass. It is also adjacent to a boat dock, so sit outside and enjoy the atmosphere if weather permits. The staff was friendly and attentive. The prices were a tad higher than expected, but then again it also exceeded our expectations.

There are newer reviews for Louisiana Lagniappe

Reviewed September 11, 2011

My husband and I ordered the crab cakes for an app. and we both LOVED our entrees!!! The stuffed shrimp (cant remember the exact name on the menu) was the best i have ever had anywhere!! We will return to Louisiana Lagniappe again! Also we sat outside LOVELY view!

Reviewed September 6, 2011

I found Louisiana Lagniappe on TA and decided to try it with friends while in Florida. It will take a little extra effort to find but is worth the effort. Since Destin is home to ANY chain restaurant its nice to seek something a little different. The decor is pleasent and its would be nice to sit outside as the harbor-water view is nice. We ordered the mushrooms and blackened shrimp for starters both of which were good. The blackening seasoning is not very spicy at all so everyone should be able to eat anything blackened withoput fear of to much spice heat! I ordered the Gumbo (bowl) and believe it was just average....not much chunks of seafood- mudbugs/shrimp...and not spicy at all. They obviously tone down the spice to appeal to all tastes. I kicked it up with some hot sauce which helped. For my entree I ordered the blackened redfish which was well prepared and presented. The flavor was decent but I must say I have had better. The wine list offers a good selection at a reasonable price!!! I got a 09 Caymus Cab for $92!! Not bad for restaurant wine bottle pricing!! One thing that sets this place apart is the service!! James H was our server and he did a excellent job...spot on perfect actually!! All parties at our table ordered a fish dish and all enjoyed their food and experience. I would return on my next trip to Destin and suggest you give it a try.

1  Thank CincyTraveler60
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The restaurant was good, but expensive. If you're looking for a special dinner out while in the Destin area then this would be a good choice. We had the special which was grouper topped with crabmeat baked in parchment paper for $32.00 and it was very good. Just a tip that a couple will probably spend around $100.00 for dinner, no appetizer and 1 drink each.

1  Thank PattyM14
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We were just in Destin to celebrate moms 80th birthday and she had REALLY been looking forward too eating here. It was ok, had hoped for much nicer. WE liked Lighthouse restaurant , just down the street better. Food was just as good, and 1/2 the price.

1  Thank polly c