“Absolutely Unbelievable in Every Way”

Louisiana Lagniappe
Ranked #6 of 311 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In 1984, Louisiana Lagniappe was opened and established inside Sandpiper Cove condominiums in what was at one time the Sandpiper Cove Yacht Club. A loyal following was quickly established due, in no small part, to the quality of the food and the attention to detail of the service. In 1998 The Southern Restaurant Group took ownership of the restaurant with a commitment to maintain the same level of food quality and service. Since then, Louisiana Lagniappe has consistently served only the freshest seafood and steaks. Now open year round, Louisiana Lagniappe is the spot for a memorable dining experience on all levels. In 1999, a second Louisiana Lagniappe was opened in the San Roc Cay Shopping and Marina Complex in Orange Beach, Alabama. Offering the same fine Louisiana seafood with a Creole flair, the attire is casual, yet an upscale waterfront dining experience is provided for the entire family.
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We just returned from this restaurant and it was SO good, that I just had to jump on and write a review. Not only was the food to die for, but the service was phenomenal! Pricey??? No way. My husband had the Snapper Special, I had the Filet Mignon, and we shared the Mardi Gras Shrimp. Total bill was $87. We paid more than that at Harbor Docks the night before. The price seemed low considering it was hands down the best restaurant we have ever been to...and we eat out A LOT. My only regret is that we didn't visit this place sooner!

1  Thank vcreed123
Write a ReviewReviews (1,358)

Reviewed June 16, 2011

It was excellent! Every time we come to Destin we eat here. Before they give you your food they give some hushpuppies which were absolutely delicious. My little bro and I split a bowl of corn and crab bisque, crab cakes (appetizer) and the kids popcorn shrimp. They were all wonderful. The crab cakes are some of the best in Destin! Mom and Dad split the bayou grouper and the blackened shrimp with pineapple. I tried both of these dinners and let me tell you that they were very tasty! The twice baked potato was delicious as well! We sat inside and still had a great view. I would highly recommend this restaurant who is looking for seafood!

1  Thank VerucaJ
Reviewed June 10, 2011

My husband and I ate here for dinner. This was on the 5th night of our vacation, and we had tried several of the other restaurants listed on tripadvisor. None of them really stood out to us. This one was awesome!!! The decor is so nice. We sat out on the deck. There were white linen tablecloths and napkins. We had the red beans and rice as an appetizer. It was great. My husband had the shrimp and grits. Best he had ever had (and he's had a lot.) I had the Grouper Crevettes. Best fish I have ever had. They also bring delicious bowls of hushpuppies with your meal. We were so full we did not try dessert. I will tell you that it IS expensive. Our meal for two was $66. However we felt like it was really worth it.

2  Thank Laurie31f
Reviewed June 10, 2011

The food here is incredible, we go to destin every year and hit this place at least 3 times!!! You can never go wrong, I have never had a bad experience!!! Love love love, their crab cakes!! Best I have ever had!!!

Steph

Reviewed May 30, 2011

Have eaten @ the Lagniappe twice and both times the food has been fabulous. The salad leaves a little bit to be desired...but our entrees and desserts have been top notch. We weren't super impressed with the service, but we did go when it was busy, and it IS a "beach town", so maybe laid back service is what's expected, even at a restaurant where entrees are 20-30 dollars+. Also, there were a TON of out of control children running around on the dock/in the outdoor eating area. It wasn't a huge deal for us but we were a little worried someone was going to get hurt, and it could be a deal-breaker for someone looking to have a romantic dinner.

1  Thank gourmetgardener