“Italian sausage made in restaurant's kitchen”

Mimmo's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #7 of 314 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

At a friend's recommendation, tried a new Italian restaurant in town. Open for lunch and dinner. We went for lunch. Toscana was a soup of the day. The soup consisted of small meatballs, sliced potatoes and and butter and was excellent. Ordered the sausage sandwich, a nice combination of good bread, caramelized onions, mozzarella cheese and sausage with a light taste of fennel. According to our server, the sausage was made in the kitchen. The sausage certainly did not taste like the typical purveyor's sausage I've had in other restaurants. It was the best Italian sausage sandwich that I have ever had in the States. My wife had the chicken parmegiana and was very pleased with the taste as well impressed with the amount of tender chicken in the serving. We will be returning.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Dispite being part of a strip mall, Mimmos offers a very romantic atmosphere with a welcoming menu, food served hot and fresh with affordable pricing.

1  Thank SamMilerUSMC
Reviewed July 13, 2013

As a resident, we are always looking for new restaurants. Destin has several Italian restaurants and am very happy to say this is a great addition to the area. The atmosphere was very nice. The food was very good as well. We were asked several times how our meal was by the server as well as the owner(?) or manager(?). Very pleased with the service and would definitely visit again and again.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon Mimmo's by accident one day and we were pleasantly surprised. Coming from an Italian family, we are a pretty tough crowd to please and Mimmo's did a pretty good job. The inside is decorated really modern and elegant. The pizza was delicious with a real Sicilian pizza chef at the oven. The pasta was also very well cooked and tasted almost like it does in Italy. Mimmo is actually Italian which helped the whole experience. I would recommend this to people who are familiar with authentic Italian cuisine.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I am a local here in Destin and heard through the grapevine that this restaurant was opening up so I decided to swing by with my family and check it out. Lets just say it by far exceeded my already high expectations. The decor and atmosphere is beautiful and romantic. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was amazing. I will definitely be back and will recommend this place to everyone I know and to anyone one looking for excellent food, service, and atmosphere.