Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

We came week before Labor Day (slower season). They have you meet right off the public beach at 90 gulf shore (diff meeting place in season). Even though $99 plus tax seems high for 30 min my grown son had a blast! He said he's def doing it next year.

Matt was so patient and of course it takes quite a few try's to get the hang of it. I think we had as much fun watching from the shore as my son did doing it.

We will def be back next year!

Reviewed August 22, 2016

DO NOT BOOK with this business!!! My husband and I purchased Groupons for this business and my experience from start to finish was horrible:

1. When I booked the groupon for powerboarding (this was a Thurs evening) I called the number provided and told them I had purchased 2 Groupons and would like to be scheduled for that Sat at 11am. I was told no problem and to call back first thing Sat. I did as asked only to be told that there was nothing on the books for us for Sat at 11am but they could accommodate us at 1:30pm which we booked.

2. The addresses on the groupon and on their website and on the Google page are all wrong. We ended up at some random auto repair place and then some random public beach.

3. The owner stopped answering my calls after my call Sat. morning. My husband called at one point right after I did (which he didn't answer) and he answered my husband's call (from a different number) then told us meet him at 1:30 at the beach. We were at the beach at 12:30 and he never showed. We cancelled our Groupons and hung out at the beach.

4. Something wasn't right - everything seemed very shady, unprofessional, and unorganized.

Save yourself the time, headache and money. DO NOT BOOK WITH Destin Power Boats & Flyboard. The savings are not even that good after I checked with other FlyBoard companies between Destin and Orange Beach.

15  Thank EnJOYinTU
Reviewed September 20, 2015

We had seen this on youtube for a year or so, so when we wanted to plan a fun beach weekend with the kids and this showed up on Groupon, it was perfect. The girls (15 and 17) were a little anxious that morning, but the staff were very friendly and talked the girls through it easily. They were each able to get up and stay in the air within about 5 minutes. One of them was even doing the dolphin dives beneath the water within her 45 minute lesson. It looked like so much fun I actually gave it a try when they were done. (20 minutes were enough for this old body.)

Can you do it? I would say, if you are able and coordinated enough to walk a normal balance beam without killing yourself you would be able to do this. It's easier than waterskiing, but takes a little more balance.

The Groupon says you have to have a reservation, but as another reviewer pointed out, they won't make a reservation until two days before. This is due to their dependence on the weather. Two weeks out they did pencil me in on the day I wanted, but then two days later I called to confirm.
Also, their main office is downtown, but they will meet you on the waterfront so be sure to get directions.

All of felt this was a major success and would love to do it again.

1  Thank kmaFL
Reviewed September 6, 2015

Thanks to Mike from Destin Power Boats we had an amazing time during our first flyboarding session. We were surprised how easy it is to learn! We all took only 5 to 7 minutes to get the hang of it. After that we were flying around, doing some dolphins and by the end of the session I even attempted a backflip.
Throughout the session we felt very safe and Mike gave helpful guidance as well. We also saw some other vendors, who offered flyboarding as well, but they have lower powered jet skis and you won't have as much fun.
I would totally recommend this to anyone - just don't forget to bring your camera!

2  Thank Carl M
Reviewed September 4, 2015 via mobile

I gave my husband the birthday gift of flyboarding. He absolutely loved it! The instructor took his time and explained the steps in detail. My husband said this was the best gift he has ever received and cannot wait to try it again. I highly recommend this company and this experience.

1  Thank Tina W
Reviewed January 6, 2015 via mobile

Im from Atlanta. Have been using Destin Power Boats service for over 3 years now. All my referrals has been treated respectively. Location easy to find. Fare pricing. Great instructors. Was reading previous reviews and just cant say anything bad at this point. They thought me flyboarding within 20 min. Will reccoment and use services in future ! Many thanks !!!!

2  Thank Denys B
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I bought a Groupon so my husband could flyboard for his 40th birthday. We were only in Destin a week, so I tried to make reservations in advance. But they would not let me because they said they didn't know what the weather would be like. While I completely understand, I would have rather made a reservation and then had to reschedule if necessary as opposed to scheduling it at the last minute. There is no physical location and our instructor was 20 minutes late. Because we had to schedule a day in advance, the owner and he miscommunicated on our appointment. He showed up right when we were about to leave. Thankfully, the instructor was very nice and gave my husband extra time on the flyboard as an apology. My husband had a great experience and was a pro by the end of his session. I would highly recommend Destin Power Boats for flyboarding. Just make sure you are very clear in communications.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We are out of town tourists, and were surprised that he has no physical location, even though he is registered under 100 Gulf Blvd.... He is set up with an umbrella in the sand.. literally. There was no place to park, or use restrooms. We drove up and down the street trying to find a spot for a long time. Then, the boat was ready almost an hour late, which was ok with us, things happen. But when we wanted to return the boat 30 minutes early, no one was at the umbrella. We couldnt reach him on the phone for a while, and we waited for him to come back. We were told one price when we reserved the boat over the phone, then we ended up being charged an extra $50 on our credit card. When we called him, he argued that was the price, but it definitely wasnt the price he quoted over the phone when we booked. Just beware, and be careful that the price is written into the agreement before you sign!!

12  Thank CMT92
Matt K, Manager at Destin Power Boats & Flyboard, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2016

hey there,
sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, BUT
looks like you guys made a bad review for a wrong company..
not sure where is the 100 gulf blvd... our address is completely different.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Very disrespectful ppl that work at this place. Very bad attitude and unwilling to help or explain anything. I highly recommend finding a different boat rental place!

12  Thank Noah L
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Try the parasailing, it was awesome! We actually saw the shadows of hammerhead sharks from up in the air! (which made it extra scary when the driver of the boat dunked us!).... be sure to wear flip-flops on the beach as the sand is burning hot - but beware! Mine were gone when I came back from the boat... stolen!! I had to go barefoot into a Walgreens and buy another pair!

3  Thank Brandy L

we do not offer Parasailing, please check who you used.