“Went twice - once for sweets and once for breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Candymaker
Ranked #2 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Destin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Smyrna, Georgia
“Went twice - once for sweets and once for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

First - the candy:
We stopped in one afternoon after beaching and selected a pretty random grouping of candies. while we only got a piece or two of each, we tried the candied pretzels, the fruit slices, salt-water taffy and our 3-year-old got a couple pieces of what I am certain are commercially-made candies from the wall of jars. I won't comment on what a three-year-old selects (the gummy shark is just one example) but the candy they make in house is delicious. I was happy with the great selection and everything was well made. It's a bit pricey, but I don't think it is out of line with a beach-side destination in a resort town.

Next - the breakfast:
On our last day we went to the candymaker after we checked out of our accommodations. The atmosphere is lovely and they have two areas with outdoor seating. The breakfast choices are quite limited, but the food was fine and the prices were very reasonable. If you are just looking for a basic eggs and bacon breakfast this is a very good option. And the coffee was quite good.

I will say the service was SLOW but our waitress was very nice. So perhaps it was the kitchen, perhaps they were understaffed that day, or it may be the fact that we were seated right after a party of ten who may have kept the small kitchen busy for a while. Regardless, you're not supposed to be in a hurry at the beach - right?

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Todd C

Alabama
“While waiting on dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We tried the Critters (cashew and pecan) they were my favorite. We also had fudge, praline cookies, chocolate covered raisens, Not Bads with the sea salt. It was all very good. I will definitely go back next time I am in Destin.

Eudora, Arkansas
“Great candy-”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Enjoyed the candy- altho a bit pricey- but hey- just do this once a year- so might as well enjoy! Will go back when back in Destin.

1 Thank Ginningcotton
Fayetteville, Georgia
“More than candy - check it out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

This shop sells more than candies but those all look delicious. It sells beautiful gifts and souvenirs, many of which I bought for myself and gifts for family members. There are gorgeous glass items, boats, and shells, as well as unique art pieces.

“Fudge is average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I've only had the fudge here, it was average tasting and over priced. Lots of other items to choose from.

• Visited August 2013