“Very Impressed”

Ranked #10 of 309 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Boshamps Seafood and Oyster House, located on the beautiful Destin harbor, will spoil you with spectacular sunsets, sensational "Gulf to Table Southern Cuisine", and family-friendly service all in a fun, relaxed casual atmosphere. With the 'World's Luckiest Fishing Village' at our back door and the Chef's extensive knowledge of Gulf of Mexico Basin and Caribbean cuisine combined with his deep Southern roots, Boshamps Seafood and Oyster House is proud to present Chef Andi Bell's 'Gulf to Table Southern Cuisine'. Here is how Chef Andi Bell defines his 'Gulf to Table Southern Cuisine'... "Locally caught fresh seafood harvested directly from the Gulf and other local waters by local fisherman served directly to the table just as in the same 'good 'ol days...
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Had lunch at Boshamps and food was good and the view was amazing.

Had the OYSTERS BOSHAMP for an appetizer which were really good! If you like oysters
For my main course I had the PAN SAUTEED gulf snapper. Really good.. Fish was extremely tender!

Tried the squash casserole and it was the best squash casserole I have EVER had.

I will definitely be back !

Write a ReviewReviews (2,009)

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Looks like the kind of place that caters to tourists that could've been a mediocre meal. We go to Destin almost every year and have eaten at most of the restaurants on 98. This time we wanted an early dinner to beat the crowds, saw Boshamps, and gave it a try. We're glad we did. The view is great watching the boats come and go. They do have an outside eating area and an attached bar/outside eating area, but we ate inside (wanted something a bit cooler). Not many people there when we got there, but filled up fast. I had the "Puttin' on the Grits!!!" and it was fabulous...grit cakes with 3 large sautéed shrimp with an awesome sauce. Husband had the Boshamps Basket with fried shrimp. He substituted the French fries for the squash casserole...a bit cheesy but good nonetheless. The shrimp were "jumbo" shrimp and really good. Waitress was a bit on the sour side (can't remember her name) but with a bit of prodding she came around. Would definitely go back on future visits.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed with Boshamps. I consider myself a foodie so I was hoping I wouldn't be disappointed and I wasn't. Great red snapper dish with noodles!!!Great fried lobster bite appetizer and the others in my group enjoyed their oysters and fried fish. Will be back.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

My family and I went for a late lunch, were seated outside so we can watch the ships go by, we order shrimp and grits,fish po-boy, oysters on the rock, and few drinks, it was very delicious and the service was great.........we will go again.........

1  Thank sandra61712
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We went with a party of 9 while down for a wedding. We sat outside and had a variety of drinks, appetizers and entrees. Everyone was pleased with their food. We will definitely be back. We love the outdoor bar and the views.

1  Thank MCBFan