“Quite a turn around at this place.”

Boshamps Seafood & Oyster House
Ranked #9 of 305 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Boshamps Seafood and Oyster House, located on the beautiful Destin harbor, will spoil you with spectacular sunsets, sensational "Gulf to Table Southern Cuisine", and family-friendly service all in a fun, relaxed casual atmosphere. With the 'World's Luckiest Fishing Village' at our back door and the Chef's extensive knowledge of Gulf of Mexico Basin and Caribbean cuisine combined with his deep Southern roots, Boshamps Seafood and Oyster House is proud to present Chef Andi Bell's 'Gulf to Table Southern Cuisine'. Here is how Chef Andi Bell defines his 'Gulf to Table Southern Cuisine'... "Locally caught fresh seafood harvested directly from the Gulf and other local waters by local fisherman served directly to the table just as in the same 'good 'ol days...
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Quite a turn around at this place.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Our second review here. The first time several months ago was very bad. However, the turn around here has been incredible. The food was superb. The facility has always been the best on the beach but now the food has also stepped up. I think this is one of the best dining experiences Destin has to offer. Do not miss it.

• Polish first
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Great Set Up But Service Needs More Training”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I went there for lunch during the late October "off-season" for tourists. I like the layout of the restaurant, the open outside seating, the view, in fact the whole concept of the restaurant. I'm sure it would be a very nice place to dine or have drinks during football games, because they have several TVs. You can dine inside or out, and they have a larger projection screen outside (similar to a drive in screen) on which they project a game, choice of the management, and you can sit outside and watch if you choose.

The dish that I had was the vegetable plate because I didn't want fried food, which is readily available. The mac and cheese was liken no other that I have eaten, in other words it wasn't the best I've ever had. The greens were collard greens and when we asked for vinegar, we got a puzzled look from the server. "We don't have any vinegar...we get that question a lot though". Maybe it's just me but I've never been served greens without having vinegar as an option. Of course I don't know about the other foods on the menu, but I assume that they are "normal" for restaurant food.

My biggest complaint is that the server, although very nice, seemed not very attentive. The area was NOT busy, but she kept disappearing, and was not in sight when our drinks needed refills. It took an unusually long time for us to get our check, then once we did get it, it took an unusually long time to get it picked up with our card. Since this is my only visit to this property, I don't know if this is the rule (slow service) or the exception, but I read another review on Trip Advisor that leads me to believe it is the rule. I would visit again if I could be assured of quick service, but I would be more selective on the dishes I ordered. For this visit the view was the best part of this restaurant.

Crestview, Florida
“Awesome!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Great great great! Food is wonderful, service superb and views are amazing! Worth stopping by. The homemade pickles are awesome. Don't forget to try to bacon marmalade. Great place in Destin!

DFW
“Great atmosphere with wonderful food”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Went to Boshamp's for the first time today. I had the fried shrimp basket and my husband had the crabmeat with shrimp and grits. Both were excellent. The atmosphere is lovely it overlooks the Destin Harbor.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great Deck”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Spent the afternoon watching Mizzou trounce the Gators. Great service really good food. Incredible win!

Visited October 2013