“Beautiful restaurant, fantastic views!”

Boshamps Seafood & Oyster House
Ranked #9 of 311 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Boshamps Seafood and Oyster House, located on the beautiful Destin harbor, will spoil you with spectacular sunsets, sensational "Gulf to Table Southern Cuisine", and family-friendly service all in a fun, relaxed casual atmosphere. With the 'World's Luckiest Fishing Village' at our back door and the Chef's extensive knowledge of Gulf of Mexico Basin and Caribbean cuisine combined with his deep Southern roots, Boshamps Seafood and Oyster House is proud to present Chef Andi Bell's 'Gulf to Table Southern Cuisine'. Here is how Chef Andi Bell defines his 'Gulf to Table Southern Cuisine'... "Locally caught fresh seafood harvested directly from the Gulf and other local waters by local fisherman served directly to the table just as in the same 'good 'ol days...
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was our first time at Boshamp's, and we were not disappointed. The restaurant itself was beautiful. It was also very clean. We were fortunate enough to be seated next to a window facing Destin Harbor. We watched the water while waiting for our fish and shrimp baskets. Food came out incredibly fast and was okay. My husband enjoyed his fried shrimp basket, but I did not care for my fried fish basket. It was okay, but it was grouper. As a catfish eater, it was too different for me. Overall, we enjoyed the atmosphere and would probably eat here again next time we are in the area.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Our family decided to give this a try due to the crowd we observed several nights while in the Destin area. We were seated within 5 minutes of arriving in the outside dining area. The views of the bay were beautiful! According to our waiter, they opened in April of 2013. The restaurant is all wood and is very beautiful. Our group ordered oysters on the half shell which were great. Also, the daily special of fish and fried shrimp which was the best we have had on our trip. We had cheese grits that were very tasty. This restaurant will be on our list of places to come back to for sure! Worth the stop!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had did alot of research before our trip to destin and was unsure if we would eat out one night at a popular destin restaurant due to the prices and I would have 3 teens, so the bill would really add up. When we passed by Boshamps I really liked the feel, and I usually go with my gut, so when it was time to decide I chose it.
When we walked in the hostess greeted us with a big welcome and offered us an inside table she called "the best view in the house", and it was. So glad we decided to eat inside. The place is all woodwork, but really nicely done with full windows along the back with view of harbor. Our waiter was really great and patiently answered all questions and had great recommendations, so glad I tried the top shelf margarita. Oysters were fabulous and everything was really fresh and you could taste it. Although I must add portions were small. And AHHH, the restrooms were really nice with their own made bath salts that I regret not buying.
I would definitely recommend highly.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a local. It was quite pricey and we did not feel that it stood out above the rest.
Our grand daughter liked the dog cut-out on the basket liners!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stopped in on a late Sunday afternoon with my wife for a drink and snack. Sat outside on the upper deck overlooking the Destin harbor. Terrific view and amazing breezes added to the enjoyment. Ordered the Shrimp basket to share with my wife, for 14 bucks there were 8 or very large shrimp, lightly battered and cooked very nicely. Accompanied by good fries and excellent slaw, it was a perfect shared appetizer for 2. Otherwise, beer was cold, wife's island drinks were to her liking and the tab for 2 hours worth of relaxation, libation and nutrition was 50 bucks. Very happy to have Boshamps in Destin for locals and visitors alike.