“Best Day Ever!”

Goin' Coastal Parasailing
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family and I went parasailing with Goin' Coastal Parasailing out of Destin and it was just awesome! I had no clue what we were doing and they walked me through the booking. Done. Just the boat ride out and through the pass was great. The captain and his mate were entertaining on their own and definitely made this chicken feel at ease.

When we boarded they introduced themselves and told us what was going on, where to put our things, got our life jackets, how we would fly in our group, and even that they would dip us as little or much as we wanted. We were told at booking and on the boat that they would take pictures if you wanted. We wanted! We told them when it was our turn that we wanted dipped and pictures so all we had to do was just relax and enjoy the ride. Up we went and all I can say is, awesome! Our favorite part was being dipped though. I went up with my daughter and we just couldn't quit laughing and giggling each time we were dipped. This was just a great experience all around and was the best day ever!

Jathan J, Owner at Goin' Coastal Parasailing, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear CD,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We truly appreciate it! It was a pleasure taking you out and giving you your best day ever! Thank you again!

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I went parasailing for the first time with Goin Coastal. It was a nice experience. My only regret is that the staff didn't make it clear that you had to verbally 'request' that a picture be taken in order to get a memento of the adventure. So, I was quite disappointed in that we weren't able to get one. It's an additional expense to get the pic as well. I thought it should've been included with the price. A simple email of a pic shouldn't be too expensive given all the technology available these days.

Jathan J, Owner at Goin' Coastal Parasailing, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for your review of our business. We truly appreciate your time and honesty. Please forgive us for not being more clear about the photo process. Although emailing every photo to every rider is a tedious task, we will take your constructive criticism and think of an easy way implement a solution. Please feel free to call and speak with me directly anytime. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and wish you the very best!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Parasailing company we used is in the same location, and same descriptiona and same website of the Destin Parasailing, so I'm not 100% sure it is the same company. We found a groupon for 2 ride for $70. I was a little worried with it being such a good deal if it might not be as good of a company, but we LOVED our experience. We actually bought 2 coupons so it was for 4 rides.We had myself, my mom (62), my husband, and my daughter (11). We planned on my mom and myself riding, then my husband and my daughter. After I rode with my mom, they asked me if I'd mind riding with my husband and daughter to make it an even balance with her in the middle. It was a super nice surprise to get to join their ride. I am SUPER afraid of heights, like I can't even ride most water slides at water parks because the stairway up makes me dizzy, and truly I did not feel one bit of fear up on the parasail. You are safely hooked in the entire time, and truly there is nothing you could even do to mess it up or make yourself mess up. I pictured something more along the lines of hangliding and was pleastantly surprised to find something more like the olf fashioned parachute ride at Six Flags. The boat did say "Tips Appreciated" but not once did they ask. We tipped I think either $5 or $10 a piece gladly. They were super nice and even didn't make it awkward to ask me how much I weighed (discreetly when no one heard). They did dip us (which wasn't too bad, just up to my ankles). We actually stayed in the bay and didn't go out to the ocean, but I was glad because it wasn't as windy. Great time!!!

3  Thank Issysmommy