“Better than the Gulf Shores one”
Review of Shrimp Basket

Shrimp Basket
Ranked #41 of 310 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Our menu encompasses a great variety of original seafood and local favorites. Ranging from shrimp, fish, crab claws, and crawfish, we also provide po-boys, chicken, and sandwiches for land lovers. Don't forget about our specialty Roasted Red Pepper Bama Sauce over Fettuccine pasta! The goal at the Shrimp Basket is to provide enjoyable, affordable service to each and every one of our guests at whichever restaurant they choose to dine in. This is accomplished by our professional and well-trained staff working together to ensure that your memories are the best that they can be at the Shrimp Basket. It is no surprise that our popularity has magnified among locals and tourists alike as we continue to expand along the Gulf Coast. We are grillin', steamin', and fryin' for you!
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Hanna was our watress and was great. My wife's coconut shrimp was the best, my fried oysters were big & good, my neighbor loved his catfish and his wife's grilled shrimp was good too. The place is bigger and nicer than Gulf Shore's. Nothing bad to report here. We will be back. Why only a "Very Good" rating? Not sure.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We read some great reviews and decided to give The Shrimp Basket a try. We went for lunch and were seated promptly at a dirty table. We shared an order of oysters on the shell that were very good. I then had the boiled shrimp platter. The shrimp were overcooked and a little tough. The sides that came with the salad were good. My husband ordered the blackened shrimp tacos and his shrimp were small and tough. They looked like canned shrimp. There are far too many good places to eat in the area so will not go back.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were hungry for lunch, and on a whim, we pulled into the Shrimp Basket. I hadn't checked any reviews for this place.
We were seated quickly(only 2 tables taken) and waited on soon after. Our waiter was very eager to make sure we were happy. He explained some items and was very helpful in describing them, and the size of the portions.
I chose the crawfish Po'boy, while my husband chose the Mahi blackened Po'boy. We shared an order of onion rings.
We both were very pleased. For a lunch, this filled us both, and we are not light eaters.(and we had no breakfast). The sweet tea was very good. After we ordered, the restaurant quickly filled up. Some regulars, some tourists.
If all you want is a sandwich, (you get just that, a sandwich-sides are extra) for lunch, or a light dinner this is a great place to stop!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

On a recent trip to Destin, we liked this place so much we had to go back for more! The Shrimp Basket doesn't look like much, but the service & food was excellent. I think our waiter was also the cook & he was fantastic! Some of the best fried fish I've ever had. The fried shrimp tacos were also very tasty. Definitely would recommend that you try it!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed in Destin for a week and eat at the Shrimp Basket twice. Both times the food was very good and the price was fair. The service was very good both times.