“Good seafood”

Ranked #38 of 311 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Our menu encompasses a great variety of original seafood and local favorites. Ranging from shrimp, fish, crab claws, and crawfish, we also provide po-boys, chicken, and sandwiches for land lovers. Don't forget about our specialty Roasted Red Pepper Bama Sauce over Fettuccine pasta! The goal at the Shrimp Basket is to provide enjoyable, affordable service to each and every one of our guests at whichever restaurant they choose to dine in. This is accomplished by our professional and well-trained staff working together to ensure that your memories are the best that they can be at the Shrimp Basket. It is no surprise that our popularity has magnified among locals and tourists alike as we continue to expand along the Gulf Coast. We are grillin', steamin', and fryin' for you!
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We wanted seafood that was good but not expensive so decided to try here. It was good and reasonable! I ordered the trio with shrimp,oysters and scallops but they were out of scallops so I got chicken strips. They use meal instead of batter, but everything was tender and good. The shrimp were somewhat spicy which surprised me, but I was able to eat them. The shrimp slaw was very good. Wish there was a Shrimp Basket in my area! Will definitely try again when in the area.

1  Thank kalvarezyates

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a party of 16 and they handled everything very well. The food was great and we had a great time. I would recommend this place for a nice quick meal and a good time.

1  Thank Bo B
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Thought we would try this new location in Destin, service was ok but food was average, was expecting something great. Ordered fish & shrimp w/onion rings. Everything tasted frozen. Will not go back.

1  Thank Julie S
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We visited the Shrimp Basket with a large party, 18 people. In the beginning there was a little confusion over the wait time, but management worked hard to make it right. The food was delicious and we quickly realized why it was rated to high. The atmosphere is super casual, it is definilty no frills. However, if you are looking for good food that is off the beaten path, then give this place a try! I had fried clams and scallops, my husband and kids all had the fried shrimp baskets, everyone agreed the food was fresh and tasty.

1  Thank Heather S
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've lived in Destin all my life and I had to go and check out Shrimp Basket since it is somewhat new. Upon arriving I asked for a table away from people and I was placed right next to two tables when there was a whole section with no one in it. The host and hostess (a tall dark haired skinny young man and a dark haired skinny young woman) were too busy talking to each other to really greet us or pay attention t o our request. Upon sitting down hubby and I were noticing the changed they made to McDonalds to now Shrimp Basket. He pointed out the dark tiles on the ceiling and how they showed the dust. These needed to be cleaned. We were laughing at the "silverware" we were given. It was a paper sleeve with one fork in it. Its quite comical that they first buy these sleeves and then only put a fork in it.

We ordered Crab Cakes as appetizer's.Waitress brought them out and said cook is new and he got them crispy especially that one (pointing to one) and she would be bringing another one out.[see picture] I was surprised that a restaurant would bring out something that was burnt and then charge us $9 for it. Husband got a shrimp boy and I got coconut shrimp. Food was average but nothing amazing. It was surprising how many people were there. Our waitress was very nice she had blonde hair. We will not return. We rather spend a little more at Harry T's or Back Porch for better dining experience and scenery.