“Sandestin never really prepared for Spring Break Crowds” 3 of 5 bubbles

Poppy's Seafood Factory
Ranked #140 of 301 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carmel
“Sandestin never really prepared for Spring Break Crowds”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

The food is excellent, the price is good for the quality of food. The biggest complaint is year after year the Sandestin restaurants (includding Poppy's) do not staff for the large Spring Break crowds that come every year. It creates too many delays from seating to ordering, to the food coming out. The servers they do have a very good, just short handed & overworked. Overall if you go to Sandesting/Village of Baytowne Wharf do not miss this restaurant Poppy's is an great experience.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
“Great Food, Great Service, AMAZING Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was in Destin for spring break with around 20 of my sorority sisters. We went out to eat every night and I can say hands down this place was our favorite. We made our reservation and of course were 15 minutes late but the staff was very helpful and didnt seem irritated at all. We are a wild group and the waiters were great and we loved interacting with them. Although the service wasnt the quickest its completely understandable with how crowded the place was and how complicated all of us were being. The drinks were delicious and strong, and after sharing all of our plates I feel safe saying all the food was perfect. I highly recomend the Mahi Mahi and pinapple mojito!

Oh and the manager came to check on us and brought us wristbands so we wouldnt have to go wait in line outside to get into hammerheads later. So sweet.

• Visited March 2013
College Station, Texas
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Best lobster I've ever had - everyone in our party loved it and a bunch of old cowboys are hard to please!

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All around good place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Good food for the price. Go around sunset for a nice view while enjoying your meal! The steak and seafood are delicious and the other chicken alfredo is the best around!

1 Thank CodyR850
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Went to destin for spring brake. Walked into poppys quite by accident, on our budget, its not the kind of place my school mates and I can afford regularly.
We were almost ready to walk out, and then it happened: Jorge!
Our waiter, he charmed us, walked us thru a wonderful meal, suggested not only the food,but took the time to actually find out each one of our likes and dislikes. We all enjoyed what we eat and stayed within our budget.
I even try the tuna, and loved it!!! It was my first time but it won't be the last.
We were pampered, fed great food, and were happy to tip over and above the customary 20%.
I will bring my parents over for their 45 th