“WONDERING......”

Ranked #166 of 311 Restaurants in Destin
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013

this is a very highly recommended restaurant. the food and service is awesome..... great location!!!!!!!

1  Thank islandShit

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I went to Poppy's for our 15th anniversary dinner. When we got there we were both torn on what to order, so we asked our waiter Jorge what he recommended. We were both leaning towards the filet mignon, but wanted lobster as well. What we ended up doing was, my husband got the surf and turf which came with a whole Maine lobster and a filet, while I got just the filet, figuring I'd split the lobster with us. Jorge then asked if we had ever tried a thermidor before? After finding out we hadn't, he recommended a side of thermidor sauce so we could try it. Now I was completely blown away by all of it, but when added with the sauce, which came with three firm and flavorful prawns, as well as lump crab, we were both just amazed that it could get that much better. Jorge was amazing, giving us information on the menu, both wines and food, as well as just chatting. We would both love to go back again!!!

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

The food and service was fabulous!!! Thank you Chris for being so attentive and polite. Your service was above our expectations :). We will definitely be coming back next year~ the Fish and Chips was the best I have had in Destin!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great outdoor venue with live music. A sunny afternoon and a great way to laze around watching the boats enter the marina, folks ambling along the boardwalk over the marsh and rooting for the pelicans as they dive bomb for fish. We shared grilled oysters for a light snack and followed with an excellent burger. Bill was attentive and solicitous. The gumbo was hearty and filling. Relax and enjoy this corner of Sandestin.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Had an awesome 1st experience, the food was awesome. The service was excellent. Shane was our server and Michelle was the manager on duty and what a great crew she has. I truly believe a good manager makes a great crew. Would recommend then to everyone. A must eat at when in the area...