“Not Sure What All the Buzz Is Abot”

Another Broken Egg Cafe
Ranked #16 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Not Sure What All the Buzz Is Abot”
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here several times while visiting Destin; it is on the circuit of "breakfast places" that we go to. There is generally a wait, and the peppy hostess will take your name then yell it out when your table is ready. This place seems to have an aura, judged by the crowds, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why. The service is good, very attentive, but the food is woefully average. Nothing special about the eggs, although one would expect eggs to really be their shtick. The bacon is a joke: an order of bacon consists of TWO very thin, very greasy strips. Go if you must; I guess one has to. But if you're on vacation, don't you want something special? I certainly didn't find it here.

Radcliff, Kentucky
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We visited this restaurant two days in a row...largely because our first visit was so great...we had a wonderful, friendly waitress and my hubby ordered the best oatmeal I've ever had (I ended up eating like half of his after tasting it!)...it was hot and perfectly cooked to the right consistency. So, the next day, I wanted to go back and get my own bowl of awesome oatmeal...boy was I disappointed. We had a male waiter who was cordial, but not overly friendly and my oatmeal was barely above room temperature and was undercooked. I had also ordered a biscuit and gravy...it also was barely above room temperature and nothing to write home about. I don't know why our experience varied so greatly from one day to the next...different cook maybe? I'm not willing to risk another bad experience, so, we won't be returning.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank DaveandTina
Iowa City, Iowa
“Best coffee ever”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We went to this cafe because several people recommended it and it did not disappoint us at all. They have a wonderful choice of omelets and breakfast items but the coffee was realllyyyy good. It was piping hot and a blend of french roast and costa rican. My husband had the southern scramble and I had one pancake (which was as big as the plate!) with fresh blueberries and we lingered enjoying the pleasant surroundings and the good service.

• Visited December 2012
Ankeny, Iowa
“Are you kidding me?”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The food here is very good and the staff does a nice job making breakfast fare special. However, $30 for breakfast for 2 is outrageous. There are plenty of places that serve food as good, of better, for half the price. I guess tourists just don't care.

• Visited March 2012
McDonough, Georgia, United States
“What a terrific breakfast!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

A little pricey but great food. Service was excellent and the atmosphere really nice. It wasn't what I expected when I walked in to a strip mall cafe. Much never. Closed on Mondays and only open till 2pm. I had the Floridian omelette and my wife had a special and our food was fresh, hot, perfectly prepared, well presented, and most of all, delicious. It was pretty busy at 8:30 am on a Sunday even in the off season. They tout being ranked the best breakfast in the area for 12 years and I can see why. I strongly recommend this place.