“used to be the best around.......not even close, now”

Thai Delights Restaurant
Ranked #132 of 304 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Thai
Destin, FL
“used to be the best around.......not even close, now”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

We've been eating here since they opened many years ago. Ownership has changed a few times; the last is for the worse. The quality has been going for about a year now. My wife ate there again and said it is the LAST TIME. The waiter brought out the wrong food and insisted that she pay for it. He claimed to be the owner and said that is what she ordered and he would not get something else. Finally told her to leave..."We don't want your kind in here." After talking to the actual owner, he aplogized and comped the meal...too late.

• Visited December 2011

Destin, Florida
“Best Thai Lunch in Destin!”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Thai Delights has an awesome lunch special menu. Their Pork fried rice is perfect and their Chicken Curry is the best in town. The price for two including their fried plantain desert is all under $25.

• Visited November 2011
Destin, Florida
“Whats up with the old american dude??”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The prices and the food were great. The atmosphere leaves a bit to be desired though. When you walk in there is an older American gentelman sitting in an office by the front door. Im not really sure what his pourpose is....kinda creepy to tell you the truth.

Visited August 2011
“food is good service is fair.”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

from cali, the food hear is a hit.but the last thing i wanna see is a old american guy sitting in a dirty little office right when you walk in its kinda off putting having said that food was great service was fair..

santa rosa beach, fl
“So disappointed. This used to be my favorite place.”
Reviewed August 28, 2010

It's been months since my husband and I have eaten at Thai Delights. This had my favorite Destin restaurant for a few years. Their spring rolls, calamari, fried rice, and fresh fish dishes were always excellent. Tonight, my husband and I made the 15 mile trip in the rain because I was craving my favorite red snapper dish and their fried rice.

While there was only 1 man dining, service was slow. There were a few take out orders. The calamari was not up to par, but my husband cleaned the plate. When my snapper "fillet" arrived, I was surprised at how high and curled-up the piece was, so I turned it over. It was all dark, "blood line" meat with hardly any white fish meat on it. I was extremely disappointed in this small, dark piece of fish that I sent it back immediately. My husband had ordered the basil snapper, and after more than 5 minutes after my dish arriving, his finally arrived. His was curled high as well, and when he cut it open with his fork it was bloody. He sent it back as well. For $18.95 you'd think a snapper fillet would be a generous, nice cut of red snapper with flaky, white meat. After both of our meals were sent back, my shrimp fried rice arrived, $9.95 menu price. The dish had 4 shrimp on it and the shrimp were not cooked all the way. They were rubbery and I could barely cut them with my fork. Needless to say, this is no longer my favorite place to eat and that is really disappointing.

1 Thank maxxilaunch