“Fried Seafood Goodness”

Kenny D's New Orleans Cuisine
Ranked #58 of 300 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
The Woodlands, TX
“Fried Seafood Goodness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our family of five ordered calamari and fried crab claws for appetizers. Among the adults, we shared the Double Shuck Oysters and the Captain's Feast, while my older son got the pasta with alfredo sauce and my younger one ordered from the kid's menu. We liked all the fried seafood, but most especially the oysters, clam strips and crab claws. The Double Shuck Oysters were not that great for me, but I think this is just a matter of preference, taste and sensibilities. I prefer my oysters as close to raw as possible, so I do not really like them with cheese, bacon or anything else that can overpower their natural flavor. The only negative thing I can say about our dinner here is that we waited for a long time before a server came to our table to take our order. Oh, and that my mother-in-law got extremely annoyed by the music that was blaring thru the speakers right above our table (Beau Jocque and the Zydeco Hi-Rollers). :)

Visited July 2014

“Waiter ate out of my to-go order”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We ordered to go from here our first night in Destin. First- you couldn't get through over the phone to call in, second-the prices were different than those listed on the website, and third- we watched as a waiter grabbed a couple fries out of our to go box and chow down. He saw that we saw and came over and said, "I was just making sure they were hot" we asked for the manager, the owner (Kenny D) came over and verified that "how else is he going to make sure the food is hot? Cooks do it all the time" I pointed out that he was not a cook and that it was very unsanitary. I was floored! He was rude about it and when there began to be a scene, I simply said I would just leave a review and left...only to find that part of my order (bowl of gumbo) was missing when I got home. Wasn't worth dealing with the owner to go back and get it.

• Visited June 2014
tucker
“Damn good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

The food was excellent. The fried cat fish melts in your mouth. Prompt service. The fried oysteRd were really good too

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank gingerc c
Mansfield, Texas
“So good!!! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are from Texas and eat cajun often with the number or NO residents in Texas post-Katrina. We were so pleasantly surprised by this place. It was delicious and spicy! Just the way we like it! The oysters with garlic parmesan were so delicious.... We also got the big fried seafood sampler to share. It was all so, so good. The owner came by to see how everyone was doing and was very friendly. Will definitely visit again!!! And you should too.

2 Thank Alishabp
Boerne, Texas
“Does ALL of the food here have SUGAR in it??? ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We were excited! It looked like a cool local eatery... Hmm? Everything has a dash or 10 of sugar?!!?!
I was set for the seafood gumbo... Um, it had BEEF in it?!!? WHAT!!

And... On a side note... The YOUNG lady who greeted & seated us was higher than a kite!!! Even my teen son said she seemed out of it! Nuts!