“Love this Place!”
Review of Fisherman's Wharf - CLOSED

Fisherman's Wharf
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Columbus, Georgia, United States
“Love this Place!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Fisherman's Wharf is my go to restuarant when we are in Destin. I have never had a bad meal -- I usually get the scallops with a baked potato and the vegetable of the day and the hushpuppies are yummy!! My husband loves the gumbo. Service -- no matter how busy -- is always great and the servers treat you as if you are their only customer. The restuarant is right on the water and I love to sit outside and watch the boats and the sun set. The food is fresh and hot, the service is great, and you can't get a better view in Destin.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Tracy B

Des Moines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Fine and Memorable Dinner”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I were hungry and looking for a place to eat, late in the evening, in Destin, Florida, when we stumbled upon The " Fishermans Wharf" restaurant. The Receptionist and Maitre- D, quite efficient and neat seated us in a booth, gave us menus, and introduced the waitress. The "Captains Plate" looked good so I selected that, and my wife chose another dish. Truly, every item on that plate, from shrimp-oysters-scalops-talapia-hush puppies-fries, was prepared to absolute perfection. Even the hush puppies were so good, my wife ate all but one from my plate. We have traveled the world, over the years, and had to conclude that next to one at the Ming Court Restaurant in Singapore this was one of the best ! Many Thanks, to the p[eople of this fine restaurant !

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Walter E
San Antonio
“Bad food! Nice view!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I thought that harbor food was supposed to be good and fresh. I had the fisherman's platter and was vastly disappointed. The frying oil made the fish taste old, dark and soggy. The shrimp was ok but again the "oil." the view of the harbor was nice. I would not go again to eat. Maybe drinks and a view would do.

Visited January 2013
“Awesome!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We ate here after reading reviews on trip advisor. The previous comment on the happy hour Buffalo Shrimp and Oysters was right on the money ! What a value! Don't know when the two of us has eaten a meal that consisted of 2 appetizers, 4 drinks, and a meal for $64 (tax included)! We did share the Seafood Platter for our meal, but we were stuffed when we left. We are seafood connoisseurs and this was an awesome meal at a great value !! We will be back !

1 Thank Rkymth1
Destin, Florida
“Best Buffalo Shrimp & Great View”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I must admit I have been hesitant to rate this restaurant because I LOVE it and don't want it to become overrun by tourist (pretty selfish aren't I). We are locals and this is one of our favorite places to eat. The food is consistently great, prices are very reasonable, service is always good (or great) and we love the view out on the deck of the harbor. We always choose to sit out on the deck so we can have a cold beer, kick back, and watch the boats come in. You can also catch a beautiful sunset from the deck too.

We've never had a bad, or even mediocre, meal here and we've been going here for years!

They have a huge salad buffet, but we normally go with the Buffalo Shrimp. They make the best I've ever had and the portions are ample. We substitute the Buffalo Shrimp for one of their shrimp lunch specials.

They also serve a local beer - Greyton Beach, which I would recommend. Or a local beer from Pensacola.

DON'T FEED THE BIRDS if you sit out on the deck. Everyone thinks it's cute until someone ends up with bird poop on their head or in their plate from them circling overhead. One waiter was telling us a bird attacked a plate he was carrying to a table. So, no feeding the birds. They have plenty of natural food in this area.

DO get a cold beer, kick back and watch the boats coming in. Afterwards, you can wander down on the docks and watch them unloading and cleaning their catches. This is a good way to determine which boat you might want to go out on for a day of fishing from the "World's Luckiest Fishing Village" (Destin). We have lots of great boat captain's who can take you out for a day of fishing. For those who suffer from motion sickness, I suggest Bonine. (That's what I take and it works well for me.)

I can't say enough good about this place and it's conveniently located off Hwy. 98 close to the Harbor Walk Village.

• Visited November 2012