“Awesome!”
Review of Fisherman's Wharf - CLOSED

Fisherman's Wharf
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We ate here after reading reviews on trip advisor. The previous comment on the happy hour Buffalo Shrimp and Oysters was right on the money ! What a value! Don't know when the two of us has eaten a meal that consisted of 2 appetizers, 4 drinks, and a meal for $64 (tax included)! We did share the Seafood Platter for our meal, but we were stuffed when we left. We are seafood connoisseurs and this was an awesome meal at a great value !! We will be back !

1  Thank Rkymth1

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I must admit I have been hesitant to rate this restaurant because I LOVE it and don't want it to become overrun by tourist (pretty selfish aren't I). We are locals and this is one of our favorite places to eat. The food is consistently great, prices are very reasonable, service is always good (or great) and we love the view out on the deck of the harbor. We always choose to sit out on the deck so we can have a cold beer, kick back, and watch the boats come in. You can also catch a beautiful sunset from the deck too.

We've never had a bad, or even mediocre, meal here and we've been going here for years!

They have a huge salad buffet, but we normally go with the Buffalo Shrimp. They make the best I've ever had and the portions are ample. We substitute the Buffalo Shrimp for one of their shrimp lunch specials.

They also serve a local beer - Greyton Beach, which I would recommend. Or a local beer from Pensacola.

DON'T FEED THE BIRDS if you sit out on the deck. Everyone thinks it's cute until someone ends up with bird poop on their head or in their plate from them circling overhead. One waiter was telling us a bird attacked a plate he was carrying to a table. So, no feeding the birds. They have plenty of natural food in this area.

DO get a cold beer, kick back and watch the boats coming in. Afterwards, you can wander down on the docks and watch them unloading and cleaning their catches. This is a good way to determine which boat you might want to go out on for a day of fishing from the "World's Luckiest Fishing Village" (Destin). We have lots of great boat captain's who can take you out for a day of fishing. For those who suffer from motion sickness, I suggest Bonine. (That's what I take and it works well for me.)

I can't say enough good about this place and it's conveniently located off Hwy. 98 close to the Harbor Walk Village.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

we have been to fisherman's wharf twice since arriving in destin, florida. happy hour, 3-6 daily is a good time to get a great deal, 1.00 draft beers, and wonderful raw oysters on a half shell, a dozen for 6.00. give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Six bucks! Buffalo shrimp or a dozen oysters on the halfshell and one dollar ice cold draft beers! This place is terrific! I expected a half dozen shrimp and when the order came there had to be 2 dozen shrimp and they were GOOD! The service was terrific and the oysters were so fresh! I'll go back again before I leave town for sure. Great place! Try it!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Im a vegetarian and it was kind of hard to find good restaurants that didnt only serve seafood products. They had a great veggie burger for me, great sides (onion rings, slaw, hushpuppies, and fries) and great seafood options for my mother. If you sit outside on the deck you get a view of the harbor and possibly live music if they're playing that night. The inside also comes with a salad bar that looks great. I def will be going back during my next trip.